JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Farmers lost grain silos not just being unable to plant.
A lot of cattle died in floods.
Carolina floods has killed chickens & pigs
Swine Flu In Asia Pigs
Food Banks Contributions down half to two thirds
Quarantine strains supermarket supplies people not eating out

Farmers lost grain in silos from flooding

Cattle Killed In Flooding

Chickens & Pigs Dead Hurricane

Food Banks Contributions Dwindle

Quarantine Puts Strain On Supermarkets With Eating In Vs Dinning Out

Still Don't Think There Is A Coming Problem?

Canned hams, bacon and sausage are all going to get more expensive.
If the freezer wasn't full, I'd be buying a lot of ribs and chops right now.

CWD is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem in Montana with the deer and elk herds.

It was all over our news this past hunting season and it is ALL over the state not just in one specific area according to the 'state authorities' and their scientific TEST results.

Some of those BEEF and PORK factories around the country have a reputation for not being the cleanest places. I think that CHINA bought up the famous VA ham or pork place too. Was it a year or so ago? Beats me now.

Cate

VIA Glenn Instapundit

PORK CRISIS: A terrible pandemic is killing pigs around the world, and US pork producers fear they could be hit next.
Maybe it's time to beef up my strategic bacon reserve.
Lots of wild hogs that should be harvested.

Right now - in first world countries? Food shortages unlikely.

When my parents bought a nice house in 1968 in Salem, the median cost was about equivalent to 3 year's median household income. Today it is about 5 years median household income (more in places like Portland or Seattle). Today's cost of living, adjusted for inflation, is about 50% higher than it was 20 years ago.

Eventually, basics like food, shelter, etc., will increasingly be out of the reach of more and more people. Even if available, they won't be able to afford it.

Gradually food, energy, water, arable land and shelter will get increasingly expensive over time, especially with climate change and more so because of increasing population.

Being able to grow at least some of your own food will be an advantage over time. Depending on how much longer you and your family expect to live, and how much income you have, you might experience issues being able to afford basic living expenses.

A few fruit trees, some berry bushes, various veggies, your own well, your own source of electricity (solar), a backup source of heat (wood stove) - all of these are doable for many people. Paying off debt will go a long ways towards keeping shelter available.

But others are going to struggle, and that means increased crime and conflict.
Money is worth much less thanks to the politician and unionized government employee crime gang.

The Smithfield pork processing plant in Sioux Falls, S.D., is one of the nation's largest. It employs about 3,700 workers and processes about 4% to 5% of the nation's pork.

"The closure of this facility, combined with a growing list of other protein plants that have shuttered across our industry, is pushing our country perilously close to the edge in terms of our meat supply," the meat processor's chief executive, Kenneth Sullivan, said in a statement Sunday.

"It is impossible to keep our grocery stores stocked if our plants are not running," he said.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top