JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps I should have been more clear for my specific case...

It is a scientific fact that white rice has a higher glycemic index than brown rice does, which means that its carbs convert more quickly into blood sugar than do those of brown rice. Higher intakes of white rice may result in a higher risk of Type 2 diabetes. A recent sample of my blood indicates an elevated level of glucose, and as a result, I have been diagnosed with pre-Type 2 diabetes. Although I am not a full diabetic yet, my doc said diabetes in my life is inevitable if I do not change the status quo. He advised that I need to reduce my blood sugar levels. He suggested exercise; meditation; a vegan diet; and abstaining from pasta, white rice, and alcohol, especially in combination. Since he and I both know that I won't be becoming a vegan anytime ever, and I'll likely never meditate, that leaves just exercise and diet. So, white rice (and pasta, as much as I love the hell out of it) has bad shiit in it... for me. In conclusion, I'll take the advice of a board-certified, internal medicine, MD to whom I pay over $2,000 in concierge fees alone every year than an anonymous voice on teh innerwebz, thanyouverymuch... :D

As to your second point, the vast majority of Asians are not overweight like me, so they are not nearly as much at risk of contracting Type 2 diabetes as I am. Again, I'm looking at this issue from my personal perspective, not the perspective of a few billion foreigners about whom I really don't have much of a care, as self-centered as that might sound. The issue is my health, not their eating habits...
I see your point and I heartily agree with what you say with regard your health situation and those who may have similar issues with blood sugar levels. I interpreted your original statement that there was "shiit that is so bad for you" to mean that white rice was bad for people in general. Thank you for clarifying. Had you said something like, "but half the shiit in white rice that is so bad for people with high blood sugar is lost by cooling and then reheating," I would not have taken issue with your statement.

I'll take the advice of a board-certified, internal medicine, MD to whom I pay over $2,000 in concierge fees alone every year than an anonymous voice on teh innerwebz, thanyouverymuch... :D
I thought we knew each other better than that. You make me sad. 😭

I thought we knew each other better than that. You make me sad. 😭

The Holy Grail reference is brilliant, and indicative that we actually do "know each other better than that".

The "thankyouverymuch" closer is a mechanism by which I close posts of disagreement with a sense of humor. And also note the green "big grin" emoji. Clearly, a sign that we are in good spirits. Please don't be sad, Cavey... :D

Road Kill Helper.jpg My favorite dish. 😉

Eggs cause sudden death and Myocarditis now don't you know? Along with loud music, daylight, and sometimes moonlight.

View attachment 1358239
I always find the moon to be invigorating, especially the three days of the full moon...
But then I'm a creature of the night, always have been an day sleeper and gravitated toward night shifts..
Other officers used to tease me about "wearing sunglasses at night"- but that was aspersion and not factual...

I always find the moon to be invigorating, especially the three days of the full moon...
But then I'm a creature of the night, always have been an day sleeper and gravitated toward night shifts..
Other officers used to tease me about "wearing sunglasses at night"- but that was aspersion and not factual...
I could make a joke out of this, but I don't know you well enough through this board to make a go of it.

Consider yourself spared... for the time being... :D

I was just wondering if anyone has any concerns about a food shortage? I know with a of the flooding in the Midwest that a lot of farmers gave up on planting this year.

Illinois farmers give up on planting after floods, throw party instead

I am not sure how dependent we are on corn or other crops for from the Midwest but would expect higher prices since millions of acres of corn were not planted. I am thinking about stocking up on some canned goods and other items now.

I am not sure if MSM has posted anything yet either but I expect food prices to rise in the future.
I think most 'real' people have concerns... but not all of us act on it....government will help! I am good for a year or so with my kids off grid

I won't have a problem at least during summer growing months. I'm surrounded by new neighbors who have plenty of dandelions and clover to snack on. May need to start vacuum packing the salad fixins for the future. Deep fried dandelion flower blossoms anyone?
:s0059:

I have a feeling it may get bad, worldwide. Given weather patterns and conflicts around the globe, the next year will tell. Domestically the central valley of California, despite of the recent rain, is still stressed for water. Internationally Africa is still starving, drought, war, starvation killing many. Production of potash ( A necessary soil amendment) in the Ukraine is stopped. No one has solutions.
So it's time to buckle up and stock up, prices and availability will likely change dramatically soon.

I have never seen so many fires at chicken farms, literally planes crashing into multiple food processing plants, now farm explosions, where's my tin foil hat?

Mass Casualty Incident Declared After Explosion at Dairy Farm in Dimmitt, Texas – Nearly 20,000 Cattle Die (VIDEO)

Wiki:
"The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right fake news website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top