JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy Hunt's and other brands that don't use the corn syrup. Gefen ketchup (in the kosher aisle) is also a very well kept secret as far as excellent ketchups go. A little more expensive but really good.
Note that high-fructose death syrup is also legally referred to as corn sugar to help the American consumer stop avoiding HFCS. Was it the late '90s the industry was allowed to do that? Any way, it's accurate.

Speaking of China, anybody find their former opium wars & the fentanyl made there a bit ironic?

Seems like the shoe is on the other foot these days

This is intentional. Referring to that situation, I'll never forget the documentary I viewed where a fluent English-speaking young Chinese tour guide told the person (Brit or USA citizen) the following: "We don't forget what you did to us."

They are carefully taught that in commie skool. Koom-bay-ya-ya-ya ... so yeah, it's a plan, it's war, and it's killing people.

Someone told me they paid $9.50 a doz at Sprouts & it was the cheapest dozen they had, I paid $5.50 at Walmart for mine
Been paying less than $4 for 18 eggs at Winco IIRC - and IIRC that price is for the first two cartons.

People pay a lot for the ambience of Safeway, Whole Foods, etc. - I could care less about the ambience as long as the store has the food I want. I spend less than an hour grocery shopping once a month.

the British went to war to ensure their merchants could import opium into china, forcing the Chinese gov to make it legal. Britain, by force, facilitated the creation of millions of Chinese addicts over decades.
Not just the British. Several of America's most prominent families made their fortunes in the opium trade:

John Jacob Astor (for whom Astoria, Oregon is named).

"John Murray Forbes and Robert Bennet Forbes worked for Perkins & Co. in its China trade... It was the brothers' activities in the 1830s and 1840s that led to the Forbes family's accumulated wealth. The most notable family member on the contemporary scene is US Secretary of State John Forbes Kerry."

"The Russell Family
. Samuel Wadsworth Russell ...landed in Canton in 1819 and quickly amassed a fortune in the opium trade. ...Russell's cousin and fellow opium trader, William Huntington Russell, was a co-founder and funder of Yale University's Skull and Bones Society."

"Warren Delano, Jr., the grandfather of Franklin Delano Roosevelt"

Payback is a b1tch, ain't it?

Been paying less than $4 for 18 eggs at Winco IIRC - and IIRC that price is for the first two cartons.

People pay a lot for the ambience of Safeway, Whole Foods, etc. - I could care less about the ambience as long as the store has the food I want. I spend less than an hour grocery shopping once a month.
I "sell" the eggs from my chickens for $3/dozen. That is about the cost of feed and nesting stuff. But hey, free range, cage free, all natural.

I've been to Winco, unfortunately I'm not always able to devote enough time to walk through their entire store--many days it is worth the extra cost to me not to hafta walk all around a store that measures in football fields for size

I do enjoy Winco's raspberry flavored hard candy in the bulk aisle, I always wonder if they have the castoreum flavoring?

I hear those beaver butts are damn tasty stuff

I've been to Winco, unfortunately I'm not always able to devote enough time to walk through their entire store--many days it is worth the extra cost to me not to hafta walk all around a store that measures in football fields for size

I do enjoy Winco's raspberry flavored hard candy in the bulk aisle, I always wonder if they have the castoreum flavoring?

I have a pattern I follow for the stuff I want. I don't know why it takes me so long to do it though.

I have a pattern I follow for the stuff I want. I don't know why it takes me so long to do it though.
I have a prepared grocery list (Excel) that I just highlight what I want before I leave home. The path taken is a zigzag through the aisles of the east half of the store from front to back, cross over to the west side, then a zigzag through the aisles of the west half from back to front, right up to the checkout line. Same path every coupla-three weeks, no matter what's on the list. Despite what one may think, this makes passing through the store a lightning fast task. I can damned near go shopping totally asleep, it's so ingrained...

Last Edited:
My wife shops at three different Waremart/Winco stores, depending on what else she is shopping for. This is because the other stores may not be near her favorite Winco. All three seem to be laid out differently, and the Waremart is the most different. She seems to travel the full length of every aisle, leaving no shelf unscanned. I simply cannot understand it, but who am I to question this? I'm just a pack mule at that point.

1673681220441.png

1673681324824.png

1673681394428.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR