JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eating bugs may give you parasites

579DC689-3E6A-4E87-9658-A43E3D4F36FC.jpeg

The elephant in the living room is just about all small business are dying right now. In order to survive, most must try to project that they are doing great. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Draconian lockdowns and BS were the trigger, the knife in the back, to start the collapse. We are heading into much worse than a recession folks. Prepare. Next up CC nonsense and further restrictions which will be welcome by the virtual signaling zombies. To wit -

Too bad the Pres has been spending money like it's going out of style

I'm not saying there aren't shenanigans afoot and supply chain gremlins being released, but I can read a chart. And that graph show 2019 had lower butter storage levels.
Not in August. 2022 is lower than 2019 in the data point that counts, the last one. All years trend downward in the summer and fall, but if one were to project the trend the forecast would be for 2022 to be lower than 2019 during the holidays.
And as we all know, the branded flu didn't enter the scene until December 2019.
What's that got to do with anything? The article doesn't even mention it. Rising prices and supply squeeze due to:

"...supply problem are the result of U.S. dairy farmers and butter processors struggling to increase production due to rising costs of feed, energy, heifers and even labor."
I have taken extreme measures to prepare my family for what is eventually coming, but articles like this one are just sloppy fear mongering to garner clicks. These people with their crystal balls have not once accurately predicted WHEN things will actually become dire.
The article warns of a supply squeeze and rising prices during the holidays. The evidence of this can already be seen at the supermarket. Hardly what I would call "sloppy fear mongering."

Overreact much?

Not in August. 2022 is lower than 2019 in the data point that counts, the last one. All years trend downward in the summer and fall, but if one were to project the trend the forecast would be for 2022 to be lower than 2019 during the holidays.

What's that got to do with anything?

And the supply chain issues, employee shortages, et. al - they have nothing to do with the rona shutdowns?

And as you point out, the chart shows the levels were low in 2019 - PRE supply chain issues. Which was exactly my point: even after those issues, and their being exacerbated by the shutdowns, 2021 levels were higher than 2019.

As far as "over reacting" goes, that was also my point, that the the article is an over reaction to a more complicated trend. And the levels may be slightly lower than 2019 levels come winter (that remains to be seen), but if 2019 didn't cause a shortage on the shelves, neither would this, based on that trend, which doesn project a significant variance from 2019.

Read much?

Butter eaters, stock up if you see a good sale.

Don't overreact but Safeway has store brand butter on sale for $2.99. We might see a lower loss leader sale as we get closer to Thanksgiving.

Edit: Safeway also has a $10 off $50 purchase coupon, so if you buy 16 pounds of butter and a Twix bar you could save close to 20% and you might find a Glock in your Twix bar.

Last Edited:
There are still lots of great food deals out there if you are not picky and shop smart. Picky people are always going to pay more and there is nothing wrong with that if you have the money to do so.

Edit: We should all be thankful for picky (discriminating) consumers. If everybody was el cheapo like me, there would be a lot of people out of work.

Last Edited:
Before my parents fled Ukraine, and arrived to Portland (over two decades ago), it wasn't uncommon for them to preserve a year's supply of food in jars during the harvest season back in Kharkiv.
People who lived in villages did this all the time, and survived on the food they preserved as a staple.
It's very healthy. No chemicals, unnecessary preservatives.

I always see "preppers" spending countless amounts of money on processed food that they never eat. Rarely do I see a pantry full of home-sealed jars with peaches, beans, chilies, tomatoes, pickles, onions, eggs etc. Potatoes, squash, pumpkin, the list goes on.

meal prep. potatoe.sweet.apples.jpg

I always see "preppers" spending countless amounts of money on processed food that they never eat. Rarely do I see a pantry full of home-sealed jars with peaches, beans, chilies, tomatoes, pickles, onions, eggs etc. Potatoes, squash, pumpkin, the list goes on.

View attachment 1291030
Most of us don't have the skills. Most, really. The USA has been more urban than rural for close to 4 generations. That along with a standard of living based on specialization supercharged by technology changes translates into a lot of skills never being passed down. Understandable; in that environment growing and preserving food (for example) is an obsolete skill. Not needed to maintain/increase your standard of living.

The "prepping" industry has tapped into a primal fear - starvation - when statistically practically no one alive today born in the USA has ever experienced it first hand.

Great photo btw!

Most of us don't have the skills. Most, really. The USA has been more urban than rural for close to 4 generations. That along with a standard of living based on specialization supercharged by technology changes translates into a lot of skills never being passed down. Understandable; in that environment growing and preserving food (for example) is an obsolete skill. Not needed to maintain/increase your standard of living.

The "prepping" industry has tapped into a primal fear - starvation - when statistically practically no one alive today born in the USA has ever experienced it first hand.

Great photo btw!
It's too bad because periods of starvation would do a lot of good for many Americans these days.

1665981175179.png

Cheap calories are everywhere right now.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads