JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow...thanks everyone for the effort here! My friend wants to sell it and will ship me the gun....then I'll be able to inspect and photograph the details. I also need to cehck out gunboards!
I'll be back

Incoming -

1. aCo_USflag&Eagle2.jpg
    JB White

Join DateDec 1969LocationIllinois USAPosts4,360

Many of the LSA rifles were sent to India along with a lot of peddled scheme rifles. So, that might be where that appearance comes from?

Does the topic rifle have a cutoff slot? LSA continued making mklll rifles well into 1918. If so, then the star was added when the cutoff was removed. Keep in mind that in 1918 mklll* rifles did leave the factory that way later that year.

Nothing looks fake to my eye regarding the buttsocket markings.
    Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
  2. Yesterday, 10:29 PM#7
    5th Batt WWCT

Join DateDec 1969LocationNew ZealandPosts1,981
    icon1.png
    The butt socket marking on my 1918 LSA MkIII* no cutoff slot
    Attached Thumbnails[IMG alt="Click image for larger version.
    Name: 18LSAmarkings.jpg Views: 1 Size: 534.2 KB ID: 3544763"]https://forums.gunboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3544763&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1576034888[/IMG]

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote multiquote_40b.png
  3. Today, 01:19 AM#8
    EnfieldAddict
    user-offline.png Junior Member

Join DateAug 2019Posts18

Looks just like it should.

One note: The magazine cut offs were continued post 1918 so there are some later No1 MkIII out there. These are Naval service weapons. Army was issued No1 MkIII*.
LSA = London Small Arms - a sub-contractor for the Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield Lock, who were the principal manufacturers at that time. The other sub-contractor was BSA = Birmingham Small Arms

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top