JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you know IF you have to move it for longer yardage ?,my sight is a multi pin set up and is very quick for me to pick the correct yardage ,but i have been thinking of going to something with less pins, elk season is coming soon !!!!! I cant wait nothing better than being out in the woods !!

I works with multipin front sights. What you do is pick a "center" pin, which on a five pin sight would be the middle one, and when you aim you line that pin up with the hind sight. That pin is always the one that gets centered in the rear sight, regardless of distance. Once it is lined up you place the pin that is the distance you are shooting from where you want the arrow to hit. So if you were shooting from 20 yards, you draw, center the middle pin, and place the 20 yard pin on the target. For three pin front sights they say to use the top pin as the centering pin. I sometimes have trouble placing that pin perfectly in the center of my peep, and then keeping it there. This seems like it would be a lot easier.

You know I wasnt going to toot my horn but.... I shoot on a coop program for mathews I think I might just know what Im talking about. Its just anthor puff of smoke that will be gone soon. And when it does that peep site you took off will find it's way back on your bow. If it was that good how come my competitors and I arent using it on our competition and hunting setups. awwwh ...maybe cause it sucks??? But who knows maybe your mileage will differ from everyone else.
Besides all that. Really all the hind sight does is eliminate the use of the surgical tube.....And engage you into bad shooting habits and form.... which if your still using tubing, you might want to think about updating your setup cause your kinda be--(hind) in the technology. pardon the pun.
The eclipse secondary sighting system is nothing new Im telling you it does not work. think about it . If you are moving a crosshair up and down in your sight window to aline it on a pin then you are not anchored, you are floating around, and not consistent every shot. You obviously are new to the sport , or maybe old school so let me clarify it for you. It's alot like shooting a rifle, If you dont have a good weld in the same place shot after shot , than your group size is not so good, same with a bow.
So like I said before sounds gay and I will stay with my peep. Being a homofob has gottn me far in the Sometimes thinking outside of the box is not always the answer. With a bow it is almost always your Form that makes your accuracy suffer. If money and a new sight would fix it ...than everybody would buy one..... good luck!
just my 2 cents.

You are not suspose to center your pin in the peep thats your prob. you center the sight in the peep site, and place the pin of your choice on the spot. you dont center the pin thats wronge you have been miss lead. ..that s wyy most sight are round to aid you in this process. If you are centering your pin you are not anchoring the same for each shot hintz why you are searching for a edge in your accuracy. I would suggest trying that first.

think about it . If you are moving a crosshair up and down in your sight window to aline it on a pin then you are not anchored, you are floating around, and not consistent every shot. You obviously are new to the sport , or maybe old school so let me clarify it for you.

While I don't doubt that you are a very competent shot with a bow, I do doubt that you did your homework on this. You don't line up the crosshairs on a different pin for different distances. It is the same pin that gets centered everytime, meaning same anchor point. You center that pin, then put the pin of the distance you are shooting on the spot you want to hit. Read up a little more before trying to look smart.:s0114:

Good luck this year, if you are hunting!

guess your right I should research more before I run my mouth.:( guess you do use the same anchor point. But......
doesnt that hole setup sound alittle busy to you? ...when your in that heat of the moment thats alot of stuff going on in your site window when your tring to not second guess your yardage, Oh dont forget thats the biggest bull you have ever seen, yep the fever is now setting in.. oh crap heres my window I better shoot , crap I missed????? What??? Oh thats right I forgot to line up my cross hair on the pin Im not using.:confused: Im I not seenig this right or understanding it. maybe you can clarify it for me. Dont You center the cross hair on the center of the sight picture. Could be be your 20 yd pin , your 30, your 40 , what everone you want. lets say its your 40, most people have that in the center anyways cause lots of people use a 5, right. So your bull is at 20 yards, I dont care what you say When the moment comes your going to be focussed on that 40 yd pin cause it is in the middel of the hallo with a big fat x around it. no matter what it will take over your site window and you will forget about the important 20 yd pin that you still have to also put on the spot to finish the shot process.:huh:
I was just smiply stating that proper form and practice takes care of everything this thing gives you. The right peep should not be oval at full draw regardless of how short your bow is. If it is , it is installed wronge. apeep gives you the same circle on circle alinment. with that big confusing x in the center of your site window. But anyways Im not looking for a pissing match. Your a big boy Your going to do what your going to do, and I really wont loose any sleep over it ethier. Just was trying to help you out, Been there done that with trying these shooting aid gadgets.
Good luck hunting , shoot straight, and remember happieness is gut pile!:s0155:
HTML:

Your pretty opinionated James but it's good food for thought, and I got a laugh from it:D You could well be right but people adapt to what they use and would likely adapt to this. I still think I will give it a go this winter and see what happens:)

No problem, James, it is a good debate to have, and you do make some good points. The whole reason I started this thread was to see if anyone had tried it. Since nobody has I am going to give it a shot, although it is too late to hunt with it. I wouldn't take any shot on an animal unless I felt absolutely confident in my ability with the equipment I was using. The thing is only $50, and I figure it doesn't hurt to give it a try, worse case scenario is it does suck and I take it off. Actually, the worst thing would be having to come back here and tell you that you were right! I am an engineer, and what I have read makes a lot of sense regarding this product. Also, I am a gadget guy so I always have to try the new thing. I'll let you guys know how it goes, though I probably won't get it for a while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top