JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Nice smallmouth!

And Caveman - you should dip your toe in the darkside - bass fishing is fun. And if gives you an excuse to add a bow mount trolling motor on your sled, if you haven't already. When your salmon fishing friends ask, just tell 'em you decide you needed a bow thruster for maintaining your line when trolling, or docking maneuvers ;) And you get to expand your tackle selection - bass rods, more low pro baitcasters, and six or seven tackle boxes - one for crank baits, one for lipless crank baits, one for hard swim baits, one for jigs, one for spinner baits and inline spinners, one for top waters, and one for terminal tackle for fishing soft plastics. And we're not even counting the bags and bags of soft plastic baits - worms, grubs, creature baits, soft swim baits, soft jerk baits, tube skirts... the fisherman who dies with the most toys wins and gets first pick of his fishing hole in heaven, right?

My biggest Northern Black bass (Large mouth)came from the Smith Bybee lakes in Portland. (Bybee side)Part of the Columbia slough. It weighed in at 10 lbs on de-liar scales. I haven't fished it in years. Back when I fished it, there were no boat ramps and we walked in on the trails and fished out of Tube floats.Pretty much had the lake to myself.

The only thing that breaks the silence when fishing them is the Planes landing and taking off from PDX.

My old Bass rig.

AshbRY.jpg

I haven't in about 20 years, but love bass fishing. Am looking forward to trying it down here in NorCal.

Brutus Out

Since you're down there - you've got a buttload of bass lakes. You *need* to hit Clear Lake - it's one of the ones in contention for producing the next world record largemouth. A 12 inch rainbow trout swimbait is not too large of a bait to throw - guys do a LOT of that down there, and there are lots of big fish caught every year.

Nice smallmouth!

And Caveman - you should dip your toe in the darkside - bass fishing is fun. And if gives you an excuse to add a bow mount trolling motor on your sled, if you haven't already. When your salmon fishing friends ask, just tell 'em you decide you needed a bow thruster for maintaining your line when trolling, or docking maneuvers ;) And you get to expand your tackle selection - bass rods, more low pro baitcasters, and six or seven tackle boxes - one for crank baits, one for lipless crank baits, one for hard swim baits, one for jigs, one for spinner baits and inline spinners, one for top waters, and one for terminal tackle for fishing soft plastics. And we're not even counting the bags and bags of soft plastic baits - worms, grubs, creature baits, soft swim baits, soft jerk baits, tube skirts... the fisherman who dies with the most toys wins and gets first pick of his fishing hole in heaven, right?

I may have bumped my head just before I said sign me up in post # 21 to cough cough bass fishin.... Ill have to see to what degree WDFW is going to bubblegum us with a price increase. I just may sell my boat & all my bubblegum and take a few excursions to Alaska each year....:eek:

when I get a chance to hit my buddies house in benson city the yak. has some pretty good ones bottom nose fish and damn carps too.

ODFW jacked the rates on us a bit - if you want to get the fully featured fishing extravaganza, it's going to cost about a hundred bucks this year. They really stroke out of staters too - a damn one week (what ever happened to daily licenses that were affordable for the guy who just wanted to fish a day or two?) cost almost as much as the annual. And then of course you get stroked on the "combined angling tag" - if you want to chase the "big" fish. And god help you if you're fishing in the Columbia basin :eek: - there's an extra $10 you get to pay that goes to support the goddamned gill netters - straight up welfare that they're stroking sport anglers for, while they rape our seasons and reduce hatchery plants.

Of course if they got the feds to delist the overpopulated California Sea Lions and sell tags for furbags - oh boy ODFW would be rolling in cash. To borrow a phrase from Ron White, they would be loooooooooooooooooaded. And then the guys on iFeeesh would be debating which is the best caliber for dispatching a sea lion, and which gun to do it with...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top