JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering getting a bolt rifle in 308 Win and I narrowed down my choices to Winchester M70, Browning X-Bolt and Bergara B-14 Timber. From these 3 rifles, I am leaning to Bergara because the barrel is the shortest of the three and its walnut stock looks gorgeous (my rifles must have wood stock). Does anyone here have one, and if so how do you like it? What scope would you advise (range up to $500)? Consider that I am near sighted and my vision is not that good.

Cheers from Dan

i dont have one but those bergaras are fine rifles. i would put a viper 4x16 on it. i wouldnt bother with a 3x9 or 4x12.
Thanks for the reply. I was on my way to buy that rifle. I found one in one of our local gun shops, but by the time I drove there they sold it. I could not find any other 308 Win around until I got a chance to buy Browning X-Bolt Stalker in 308 Win that came with Vortex Viper HS-T scope (4x24 magnification) from someone who works in our research complex. He purchased it 8 months ago, but he never used it and his wife forced him to sell it. The deal was too good to pass. For the price of the scope, I got rifle and scope together and everything nicely packed in the original boxes. I was able to order some 308 Win ammo from MidwayUSA and can't wait for a "test-drive." It is tough to find good rifles these days. Good deals go very quickly and by the time I did some research on Bergara Timber, the rifle was sold.