JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was given a Pagan for my birthday. It's my first OTF knife. I had two questions for any owners out there. One, what kind of maintenance should I do? (i.e. I noticed there was oil on the blade when I opened it up the first time). Two, will the opening mechanism loosen over time?

I didn't find any basic maintenance instructions in the box, other then the usual warranty fold out.

I have an Infidel. I don't do much maintenance, but I also take it to Benchmade a couple times a year for a sharpening and tune up.

I figure I'll make a few trips to the Holy Land, just didn't know if I needed to oil the knife periodically.

I never do. I let them do it for me. And it's a cool place to visit. Lots of display knives and a comfy couch right inside the main entrance!

My experience with OTF knives is the less oil the better for the mechanism, if you are worried about the blade I would apply a wax to the blade.

Think about where you're carrying it. I wouldn't want all that junk stuck up in the oil on my knife. I have an Infidel, don't carry it much as I have a CLA which I prefer to carry. I'm w/Kruejl, once or twice a year back to BM and all's well in the world.

I have many OTF knives and edc a Halo 5 for many years now. Just give them a flush of zippo fluid now and then to melt all the crap out of it and your good. Easy peasy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top