JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any Pictures? pictures of any markings would help.
There were a lot of Fly rod makers in Oregon and Washington in the early days, and many more home builders as well. I have three old bamboo fly rods that my grand dad made him self, and they actually still fish pretty nice. There were Two VERY well known and highly sought after makers in the Mid valley , and one serious maker up north in the Kelso area, if you have one of those rods, and it's in good shape it could be worth some serious coin. Also, the accessories can be worth a fortune, Certain reels, and hand woven waxed fly line that is still good can fetch some pretty good money.
Keep in mind, there were "Kits" available way back then, and many folks looking for a good rod would get a kit and build their own, also, Because of the unique fishing on the Oregon and Washington rivers, success was often as much about the rod it's self as the fisherman's experience and ability to tie his own fly's! This is why some of the best rods in the world come from the PNW!!!

I remember reading about the scarcity of fly rod bamboo during the Vietnam war.
Seems that North Vietnam is the place where the best quality bamboo is harvested and cured.

075.JPG Here is a picture of the label

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top