Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any Alliant 2400 in Seattle/Tacoma area?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Oro, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

I'm trying to find some 2400; anyone know either where some is; or places I might call? Anywhere from Seattle to Lakewood.

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Sportsman had some the 2 of the 3 last weeks. I will be in Federal Way Tuesday morning if you want me to check for you.

3. Oro

Good tip. I actually thought of them finally this afternoon. I am driving near there on Saturday and am going to look. good to hear they had some recently!

If you want to know what's there, tell me what to look for and I'll let you know sat. afternoon.

4. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

I had to go to orting to get powder big jays sporting

5. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Arlington, WA Member

I am quite a bit north of you, north of Seattle, but I am also looking for A2400. We now have a Cabela's nearby and I called them yesterday to see if they had any. They didn't but stated that they normally carry it, it's just being there when it comes in. You might try the Cabela's down closer to you as well.

6. springfield0612

springfield0612 Poulsbo Member

Adventure Sports in Lynnwood had 2400 when I was in there on Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

7. Oro

Suh-weet. Thanks for the lead. I may need to drive up there this week. I have had little success and I'd really like some before the week is out; I'll be holed up at my dad's for a week where our reloading stuff is pooled. Good opportunity to work up the .38/44 HV loads.

8. ChiknNutz

I found a place online that actually was in stock...shocker!!! The outfit is called Ballistic Products. I don't yet have it in hand, but do have a confirmed tracking number so it has shipped, and quickly shipped too. Of course had to pay the Hazmat fee AND shipping but I ordered enough to make it just a bit cheaper than if I bought it locally (assuming I could find any that is).

9. ChiknNutz

Look what just showed up :) image.jpg

image.jpg

2ndtimer and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Oro

I have a dealer account at Brownell's, and my orders usually are always big enough to get free shipping, including hazmat ground. I hate that fee but if you buy enough it's ok.

I got some tonight from member MarkAd; will have this ole' girl spitting some .38/.44 rounds again within a few days!

IMGP2785.JPG

11. filsonhand

filsonhand In the Silicon Forest Smooth as a Rhino 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Awesome powder one of my favorites for 44 and 357. Was it spendy online??

12. ChiknNutz

If you are asking me, even with the hazmat and shipping, it turned out to be just a touch cheaper than if I bought locally...assuming I could find any here. They charged $20/lb and with the fees ended up being $28/lb which is what the local Cabelas charges for it (plus tax).