JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,

I was watching AK operators video for new AK owners and when trying to bend my safety a little bit-- so it would not be as stiff-- the safety popped out. I was able to get the shephards hook and safety back in, now my question is this:

When the gun is ready to fire if I put it back to safe and pull the trigger the trigger will stay pulled back until I move the safety to fire in which case the hammer drops and the trigger resets. I wonder where I messed up. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

20200717_090246.jpg 20200717_090222.jpg 20200717_090218.jpg

You shouldn't be able to move the trigger if the safety is on, the block of the safety should move over the rear portion of the trigger, preventing its movement...
If you can pull the trigger with the safety on,
I would start with the trigger, make sure all of your axis pins are all the way in.

You shouldn't be able to move the trigger if the safety is on, the block of the safety should move over the rear portion of the trigger, preventing its movement...
If you can pull the trigger with the safety on,
I would start with the trigger, make sure all of your axis pins are all the way in.
Is your sear spring missing?

Hey guys all the pins appear to be in place and seated correctly.

I am not sure about the sear spring, I didnt see anything else fly out except the shephards hook, which did take a while but got it.

If the trigger shouldn't move at all it would seem the metal on the bottom of the safety is not getting close enough to the rear of the trigger and allowing me to make enough pull to release the hammer but the hammer doesn't drop until until the safety is pushed to fire

Oh, man. You're in deep now.

You should just give that rifle to me, and be done with it.

Not really - I'm sure you'll get it figured out. There are some good guys here who can help. I don't know anything (yet) about the safety/trigger issue you're dealing with. But the AK isn't too complicated. You'll be fine.

Or, you could subscribe to the 'shovel-method' to repair stuff.

791D25E2-BF84-4F1F-B67C-8DA77FFE8B75.jpeg

Hello everyone,

I was watching AK operators video for new AK owners and when trying to bend my safety a little bit-- so it would not be as stiff-- the safety popped out. I was able to get the shephards hook and safety back in, now my question is this:

When the gun is ready to fire if I put it back to safe and pull the trigger the trigger will stay pulled back until I move the safety to fire in which case the hammer drops and the trigger resets. I wonder where I messed up. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

View attachment 723508 View attachment 723509 View attachment 723510
Check this page.
Scroll down about halfway to figure 14.
Is that spring there?

~Whitney

On a side note I'd replace the Shepards Crook with a retainer plate.

Yes I have replaced the Shepard's Hook with a retaining plate. There is. YouTube video that shows to install the plate. When my Shepherds Hook was in I had to be sure that my trigger did not fall out. With the retaining plate I don't have worry about my trigger coming loose.

Thanks for all the responses guys, I ended up ordering a new saftey and one of those retainer plates to replace the shephards hook. Hopefully that should get everything sorted out. Also all the pieces from diagram 14 are there. Thanks everyone

so where I marked x if you push down with your finger. on the hook is the spring pushing back up or is it just resting in there. Everything else looks good. I recommend a plate also a wolf spring for both for trigger and bolt. shouldnt be any reason you would need a new safety.
20200719_175555.jpg

Best safety for the AK has an oversized ledge so that the trigger finger can take it off and reapply it without removing the hand from the grip.

When I did mine it was VERY simple, rotated and pulled old one out, rotated and put new one in. Since they teach literally the dumbest people on the planet how to use the AK, I trust you can figure it out :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top