JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm shocked there are no active instructors on here...or is it just that you do not use liability waivers? :)
Pics from my last two classes...we have gobs of fun!! :D 9 20 2014.jpg August 27 2014-1.jpg

Waivers are a good thing. I use the one provided by the NRA instructor's instructor who trained me. An important CYA item is the declaration that the attendee is not a prohibited person.

Definitely have any waiver drawn by an attorney who is likely to tell you that his waiver may not protect you.

The most useful thing about such waivers is the awareness of the waivor that he or he has signed one. That knowledge, hopefully, would dissuade the person from contacting an attorney in a damaging situation.

We used basically a copy of the CHL page and added a few additional NRA items. This basically states they can legally own it and use a firearm. This also has the liability waiver as part of it.

I just wrote it up myself, using the good old C&P.

I would have replied much earlier, but missed this whole post. :)

Send me a PM, and I would be happy to share the document with you.

I use a modified copy of the waiver the local gun club uses.

I don't think it is detailed enough, so I added to it.

I wrote a consumer disclaimer for a product I invented, so am kinda' familiar with the whole thing.

I wrote it up, sent it to a product liability atty.

He made a FEW MINOR changes that really didn't need to be made, but he had to rationalize his $750 fee............o_O:rolleyes::confused:

You REALLY don't need an atty, unless you have no sense of liability laws or can't read and comprehend........but YOU have to feel comfy with it.:)

Okay, after a snip of this and a selection of that, I have a rough draft ready for refinement. I wanted the language non-threatening for laymen, yet hopefully legally solid, and I prefer it to be a single page document for simplicity sake;
I won't show it to a lawyer until I have refined it as much as I can, so I am offering it up to the scrutiny of other eyes and perspectives besides my own...;)

Hopefully the upload works....o_O

Attachments

• NWSoS Waiver.pdf
    151.2 KB · Views: 177

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews