JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, after a snip of this and a selection of that, I have a rough draft ready for refinement. I wanted the language non-threatening for laymen, yet hopefully legally solid, and I prefer it to be a single page document for simplicity sake;
I won't show it to a lawyer until I have refined it as much as I can, so I am offering it up to the scrutiny of other eyes and perspectives besides my own...;)

Hopefully the upload works....o_O

I think you are missing "harmless" in the line "agree to hold (harmless should be here) Northwest School of Safety"

I'm not an attorney, never played one on tv and can't be relied upon for anything remotely considered advice, but I've read enough legal mumbo-jumbo to think I'm right...

You don't draw up a legal document for a lawyer to review. You find a lawyer who you will keep on retainer. He/she draws up a liability waver, which will more likely than not be boiler plate. He/she then is contacted immediately if you think you will have a need to fall back on it.

Expenses like these are part of the reason why you either charge $200 per student per day, or do firearms instruction because you like it, pick up some spending money and get pro deals on gear.

You don't draw up a legal document for a lawyer to review. You find a lawyer who you will keep on retainer. He/she draws up a liability waver, which will more likely than not be boiler plate. He/she then is contacted immediately if you think you will have a need to fall back on it.

Expenses like these are part of the reason why you either charge $200 per student per day, or do firearms instruction because you like it, pick up some spending money and get pro deals on gear.

Thank you for your input...I have had to learn a great deal of skills as a small business owner who does not have the capital, nor is inclined to go into debt to get a baby business up and running. I have had to learn marketing, designing marketing materials, setting up a domain/hosting, web design and maintenance, personalizing Powerpoint presentations, file for licensing and/or permits, set up a tax structure, bookkeeping, keeping expenses down while purchasing demos/training tools/classroom supplies, public speaking, time management (still working on that one..;) etc. to name just a few....
Sometimes I feel I am too old to learn this stuff, but I am a bit stubborn and hate to quit. So designing a legal document, with all the templates available online and folks willing to share their own versions is just one of many new and scary rooms in this business owner development. And if you have an acquaintance who happens to be a lawyer and would be willing to cast an educated eye over your creation to affirm its validity or offer a suggested change, in my opinion it is worth the time and effort. :)

If looking for a lawyer start here - http://www.wsba.org/Legal-Community/County-Bar-Associations

Make sure that they have experience in civil liability and have st least some trial experience.

Legal documents created off the available online templates are notorious for failing when/if they need to be executed. Lawyers actually like them because they make a lot more money sorting them out then they would writing a proper one in the first place.

Spending a few hundred to get the retainer and waver would be money well spent if ever needed. It could probably be warped in with the incorporation process.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top