JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger SR22 for the win.... Over five years ago, I bought one for the wife to qualify with in getting her CCW permit (she now carries a G42). This is hands down our favorite handgun to shoot and I have a plethora of calibers/configurations to pick from. For rimfire ammo, I use CCI brand predominately and no issues. When I first got it, I tried some old Winchester stuff that I had from decades gone by and had a few failures to eject....maybe after several hundreds of rounds later I should try some again and see if anything differs. I use Frog Lube for cleaning/lubrication on most of my firearms and it simply works. The SR22 feels good in the hand and the sights are easy to see/find even with old eyes and it is as accurate as can be. It's a fun gun to shoot...don't pass this one by if you are in the market for a semi-.22LR.

Those are very reliable pistols for sure, I bought a purple one for the wife and she loves it. But, when it comes to accuracy, the Ruger MK pistols will win out every time. The design of them is just superior as the sights and barrel are fixed. The SR22 is just like the Taurus TX22, sights are attached to the slide and the barrel "floats" back to almost the same spot every shot. The SR22 feels more like a regular pistol so it wins in the training department if one wanted to train with a similar feeling firearm.

OK, bring on the, "haters".

I have a Kel-Tec P9 with a "Twisted Industries" .22lr adapter and it works just great.
My wife says it's just like shooting a pellet pistol and I can't keep the magazines loaded
fast enough for her. :s0023:

Last Edited:
My Kel Tec P17 ( holds 17 rds) runs great !! I use federal "Punch" ammo. The pistol has very nice sights and a fiber optic front sight
It comes with 3 Magizines and only cost $200. I find it very accurate.

I've got a Ruger LCP-II .22, that has been flawless so far. I only have minimags, and Federal .38gr copper washed ammo though. Never tried it with any budget ammo.

FUD alert- but my High Standard H-D Military (made in the early 50's, probably?) has tens of thousands of rounds through it, with only a handful of malfunctions in all the time I've had it. If you can find one, they rock (and are pretty cheap)!

FUD alert- but my High Standard H-D Military (made in the early 50's, probably?) has tens of thousands of rounds through it, with only a handful of malfunctions in all the time I've had it. If you can find one, they rock (and are pretty cheap)!
There a handful of guns I have had over the years that I would REALLY love to have at least one still. That is one. Had a few over the years when they were common on the market. Never saw one that did not work great. Now "cheap"? I have not seen one cheap in a VERY long time. Glanced at the auction and almost wish I had not as I see several for $500. As soon as I looked I again wanted to buy one again :D
They were a damn fun little pistol.

Speaking of reliable, I've come to realize that this has a lot to do with the ammo used. My old Ruger has been great since the 1980's, but I can't say that it's never jammed. I can say that it almost never jams with good ammo.

Just the other day my son and I were shooting. It jammed repeatedly on Aguila ammo. We were getting frustrated so switched to mini-mags and it ran like a top. I guess I got a bad batch of Aguila. The TX22 seems more tolerant of poor quality ammo, so I'll save it for that gun.

While the TX22 may be more reliable with bulk ammo, it just can't compete with the Ruger when it comes to precision accuracy. It's fun to shoot but it's not a target pistol.

I have a Sig Sauer .22 Mosquito. Damn thing jams more than it shoots, use only quality CCI mini mag ammo as recommended by Sig, but it is a jam machine. Had a stovepipe jam at the range and the round discharged when trying to unjam it. I treat all guns as death bringers, so it was aimed safe down range and the round went into soil, but it still scared and stunned me at what a low quality hand gun this is. I know the Mosquito is not really a Sig, but does anyone know of a .22 pistol that doesn't jam and actually will shoot more than just certain high quality .22 ammo? I have two .22 rifles, a Sig 522 and a Ruger 10/22 and they eat any ammo I feed them, never jam, never misfire.
I have 2 Ruger SR-22 pistols that jammed all the dang time, didn't matter what type of ammo I ran. My brother-in law told me to polish the port/ feed ramp, and that worked like a charm. No problems no matter the ammo. Used to really jam up with the cheaper ammo. Works with them as well. Hope this helps.

I have 2 Ruger SR-22 pistols that jammed all the dang time, didn't matter what type of ammo I ran. My brother-in law told me to polish the port/ feed ramp, and that worked like a charm. No problems no matter the ammo. Used to really jam up with the cheaper ammo. Works with them as well. Hope this helps.
The 22lr is an underpowered cartridge and has a hard time moving a complete slide, no matter what brand. That's why the Ruger MK series is so reliable. I wish all manufacturers realized this and would spend a little extra time polishing the feed ramps.

Hey all, have to revive this dead thread. Sig Sauer offers a lifetime warranty and my Mosquito fell under this warranty.
I mailed the dangerous little troublemaker back to Sig for $50, they concluded that the Mosquito is a bad unit. They offered me the original price of the Mosquito, which was $329, in merchandise to honor the warranty. 11 P322 20 round magazines, since I just bought a P322, or a "we can offer you a replacement of a P365 Nitron Micro Compact, P320 Nitron Compact or Full size or a SP2022."
Sig Sauer has a customer for life with this offer. I'm taking the P320 full size since I already have a P365. Just thought I would update the thread after all the discussions.

Hey all, have to revive this dead thread. Sig Sauer offers a lifetime warranty and my Mosquito fell under this warranty.
I mailed the dangerous little troublemaker back to Sig for $50, they concluded that the Mosquito is a bad unit. They offered me the original price of the Mosquito, which was $329, in merchandise to honor the warranty. 11 P322 20 round magazines, since I just bought a P322, or a "we can offer you a replacement of a P365 Nitron Micro Compact, P320 Nitron Compact or Full size or a SP2022."
Sig Sauer has a customer for life with this offer. I'm taking the P320 full size since I already have a P365. Just thought I would update the thread after all the discussions.
Nice.
With P320 FULL size, you can convert the captured RSA to an uncaptured 1911 system, utilizing the plethora of 1911 recoil springs available.
Make sure you select FULL size :
I put an X-Five grip module on my FULL size P320 and it's now my favorite pistol.

Good choice. I love my Xfive Legion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads