JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I emailed Daisy to ask if any thought has been given to 20V solenoid propelled BB guns. With so many tools being operated by L-ion batteries, why not a BB gun? A long-travel solenoid could propel the BBs and adapters could be made to accept Milwaukee or DeWalt etc. batteries. Trigger would be electric, so in other words...great! The solenoid could mount from the rear of the "slide" bayonet style for easy removal and maintenance. A spring-loaded magazine would feed the BBs. The question is velocity, I suppose.

I emailed Daisy to ask if any thought has been given to 20V solenoid propelled BB guns. With so many tools being operated by L-ion batteries, why not a BB gun? A long-travel solenoid could propel the BBs and adapters could be made to accept Milwaukee or DeWalt etc. batteries. Trigger would be electric, so in other words...great! The solenoid could mount from the rear of the "slide" bayonet style for easy removal and maintenance. A spring-loaded magazine would feed the BBs. The question is velocity, I suppose.
Now that could be a fun little thing if they could make it work!!!

Can you say "Happy Switch"? Well, electric staple guns have quite a bit of energy. Am guessing the staples are not that much lighter than a BB. But, the way my ideas usually go is that, what I dream of somone else introduces the next week. Good for them... :(

Can you say "Happy Switch"? Well, electric staple guns have quite a bit of energy. Am guessing the staples are not that much lighter than a BB. But, the way my ideas usually go is that, what I dream of somone else introduces the next week. Good for them... :(
The way battery tech is going you may well be onto something. It is pretty damn impressive what they can do with them now. Full auto "air gun" powered with one that really puts out? Could be damn fun!!

Dreaming here. Yes, but not airsoft - son just told me about those. I want my BBs! Steel BBs or 'possibly' pellets. And not using a proprietary (i.e. $$$) battery, but Craftsman, Makita or other common 20V battery. Biuy a spare at Lowe's or HD. Am thinking possibly a capacitor driven solenoid for more oomph. Maybe, maybe not, depending on velocity. Metal trigger which makes the circuit and fires the solenoid. Creep adjustable via either trigger position or an adjustable internal contact. Mag fed with a small magnet to hold BBs in the chamber - alternatively two small diameter paper-clip type metal loops to retain the BBs. Mind is running here. Now, since it's 20V, a built-in flashlight/laser is possible and perhaps even cooler, a set of LED night sights. Number of rounds, and to a lesser degree velocity driven by the mAh rating of the battery. Battery would be at the base of the grip like a cordless drill. Battery adapters are made for power tools now and could easily be made for your favorite cordless tool battery brand. I imagine handgun-sized, not a Thompson replica, although rifles could certaianly be made, and more practical to absorb the size/weight of the battery.

Normally, the moment I think of something, someone else introduces it next week. Fine by me.

Dreaming here. Yes, but not airsoft - son just told me about those. I want my BBs! Steel BBs or 'possibly' pellets. And not using a proprietary (i.e. $$$) battery, but Craftsman, Makita or other common 20V battery. Biuy a spare at Lowe's or HD. Am thinking possibly a capacitor driven solenoid for more oomph. Maybe, maybe not, depending on velocity. Metal trigger which makes the circuit and fires the solenoid. Creep adjustable via either trigger position or an adjustable internal contact. Mag fed with a small magnet to hold BBs in the chamber - alternatively two small diameter paper-clip type metal loops to retain the BBs. Mind is running here. Now, since it's 20V, a built-in flashlight/laser is possible and perhaps even cooler, a set of LED night sights. Number of rounds, and to a lesser degree velocity driven by the mAh rating of the battery. Battery would be at the base of the grip like a cordless drill. Battery adapters are made for power tools now and could easily be made for your favorite cordless tool battery brand. I imagine handgun-sized, not a Thompson replica, although rifles could certaianly be made, and more practical to absorb the size/weight of the battery.

Normally, the moment I think of something, someone else introduces it next week. Fine by me.
This instantly reminded me of "The Annihilator" BB machinegun that you powered with a can of R12 "Freon" used for car A/C's that you screwed onto it.

I remember one of the lines in the ad at the back of comic books… "just think of the fun you'll have as you pepper the neighbor's cat!"

:s0112:

7F5D1C83-0EED-4FED-8DB0-8375F77475E0.jpeg

Anyway, the Game Face Thompson uses only an 8.4v stick battery. The 20V should be able to do a decent job. (sigh)
If they could make something that uses .22 pellets and has the power of my Sig PCP, with say a 30 round mag like that and full auto? I would be willing to pay more than many firearms I have cost as it would be one hell of a lot of fun and useful for chasing off pests. :D

Direct solenoid operation is probably a ways off it's, but I could see one being used to actuate a valve, some paintball markers use a system like that, but they are HVLP not HPLV like most pcp airguns. I don't see why they couldn't be used though.

The other option is an AEG set up that pulls back a piston and releases it but that would need a significant amount of power and bulk to get airgun velocity out of. Best I know of is around 500fps with a .2 gram airsoft bb.

Given the mass of a 4.5mm BB, I believe that a practical sized solenoid could easily duplicate or even exceed spring air guns. Maybe even approach Co2 velocities. I watch the "Project Farm" videos on YouTube in which all manner of products are tested, head to head. The number of deck screws that a 20V battery will drive is impressive, and each screw requires many times the juice of firing a solenoid. As far as that goes, the solenoid could be driven by a capacitor.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top