JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
At the wars end, on the island of Samar in the Philippines, 121 PT boats were stripped of their guns and set afire.
They were burned-up as it was deemed too expensive to ship them back to the states.
Over in the middle east, there is a large hill full of abandoned U.S. vehicles, from Jeeps to Humvees, to large semi trucks and other rigs, they were deemed too expensive to ship back and rebuild, especially with all the sand and corrosion! In afghanistan, there are 46 brand spanking new C-27 J spartans that have only been test flown and then ferried there, they have not flown a single time since their arrival and are now deemed un flyable! :mad:

At the wars end, on the island of Samar in the Philippines, 121 PT boats were stripped of their guns and set afire.
They were burned-up as it was deemed too expensive to ship them back to the states.
Many of my dad's friends talked about destroying war materials. It seems that there is/was a law on the books that prevented certain consumables from being brought back to the United States because of potential harm to the economy (read that as cutting into profits of the industrial giants.)

As long as the person you choose to look it over has had plenty of exposure to the originals, has reference material to refer to, and isn't rushed the verify...you should be ok.

Dear Mr Flashpan - may I be so bold as to ask why you are dripfeeding us with your extremely laconic posts? I, for one, am getting a bit peeved by it, but then peevement seems to be my default these days. :rolleyes:

Every single one of your posts put together would have made one succinct and easily understood request, instead of the drip drip drip of information we are having to drag out of you almost one word at a time.

Anyhow, All but one of my 1911s WERE 1911s, on the Union Switch and Signal was an A1 with an arched housing. They've all been gone since 1997, but I remember them all well - two Army, one Navy, one commercial and one Ace.

If you're thinking of selling it, then I would hand it over to a guy in Hillsboro who knows more about those era pistols then anyone that I know of.
You can check him out below. He consistently gets more money for a consignment then anyone else online.
If you're going to keep it, then you would need to find someone who has a set of Charles W. Clawsons reference books, as they are the definitive publications about vintage 1911's. They sell for around $875.00, so they're too expensive for most folks to buy and use just once.

1603900912339.png

Dear fellow members.
Sorry if I have irritated anyone here. Once again, I was looking for someone I could have a private conversation with about 1911 details. Should have made it more clear Thanks to those folks who offered positive suggestions. Regards

I once belittled a new member for sparse and slow responses to my questions, only to find out he had medical issues that forced him in and out of a hospital for serious treatments, which prevented him from timely answers.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top