JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taro works for me, except for last year when they kept eating and eating and eating the stuff. Took months to get rid of them. Usually, only takes a couple of days as it did this year.

Here is a photo I took back in 2009 of the little buggers gorging themselves on Taro. They take it back to the nest and share. :D

original.jpg

I figured that I would resurrect this thread rather than start a new thread on the subjuct of ant invasions. I ended up experiencing the worst ant problem than I have ever come across at a house we bought a few months ago.
Terro has always worked in the past and the use of Terro didn't work this time, no matter how much I fed the invadors, so I went to the internet in search of a solution. I found a product called Termidor SC at domyownpestcontrol.com/termidor-sc-p-184.html and the reviews looked really good, price of $49.99 was more than I wanted to spend, but I had a big ant problem that needed fixing.
There are serious warnings for the use of this product, don't get it on your skin, use protective gloves and respirator or dust mask. I applied the product as per instructions around the entire exterior of the house and up the walls a foot or 2 and within 3 days ant bodies were littered everywhere, on the ground and on window sills at both ends of the house. I fugure that in those first 3 days, 95% of the ants were terminated. By the end of the week it looked like all ants were destroyed, no movement anywhere, the Termidor SC worked better than anything I have tried in the past, no more ants.

I figured that I would resurrect this thread rather than start a new thread on the subjuct of ant invasions. I ended up experiencing the worst ant problem than I have ever come across at a house we bought a few months ago.
Terro has always worked in the past and the use of Terro didn't work this time, no matter how much I fed the invadors, so I went to the internet in search of a solution. I found a product called Termidor SC at domyownpestcontrol.com/termidor-sc-p-184.html and the reviews looked really good, price of $49.99 was more than I wanted to spend, but I had a big ant problem that needed fixing.
There are serious warnings for the use of this product, don't get it on your skin, use protective gloves and respirator or dust mask. I applied the product as per instructions around the entire exterior of the house and up the walls a foot or 2 and within 3 days ant bodies were littered everywhere, on the ground and on window sills at both ends of the house. I fugure that in those first 3 days, 95% of the ants were terminated. By the end of the week it looked like all ants were destroyed, no movement anywhere, the Termidor SC worked better than anything I have tried in the past, no more ants.
As a liscensed professional.. That is what we use in our "second stage" of ant prevention.
Termidors active ingredient is fipronil which is a MIG
(micro incapsulated granule.)
Nasty dangerous stuff by the way.
You are only allowed to spray your structure with it twice a year. (Spot treatments are a different story)

It'll kill anything on contact as well as contaminating a food source, and the other benefit is carp ants are said to not be able to detect it via scent so they'll trek right over it...
but if you have a massive infestation within the structure baiting is by far the most effective means of treatment.

Try it with pharaoh ants and you may be in a world of annoyance because you'll push them into other areas within the structure, that and you may see them again in a week to a month.

Any pest control company worth their weight in salt uses baits now as the primary means of treatment
(for the small varieties of structural infesting ants)
The fly by night guys spray for the smaller varieties of ants.. But you'll end up calling them back out in a week or moth when the problem arises all over again.

Anyhow, there are so many variables what may work for some
(for a little while)
may not work for others.
Thats why we go with what is by far the most effective means of treatment followed by preventative service(s)
(WP's, MIG's, trackable powders..etc)

Buy all that RUI's
(restricted use insecticides)

while you can.. The law and regulations are lenient for homeowners right now.. But I guarantee you a few home owners will F it all up and they'll become restricted again if not banned outright.. Which has happened on the past.

Anyhow, best of luck!
Also check out what plants and secondary food sources you have near the structure, you'll be amazed.
9/10 thats the issue and it can be solved without the use of insecticides.
(Not that we're a "green" company ;))

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top