JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oh they are loving this one. After taking it in the backside over terrorists and mass shooters making their gun control efforts look completely foolish and worthless, they are ready to jump on ANYTHING that helps them show that ALL GUN OWNERS ARE like this guy. Be prepared, I expect this will hit the national news, no doubt. They are going to love this one.

Guy owns (illegally) and tries to sell an SBR to an undercover FBI agent. Apparently also threatened a judge. AND, he is associate with Bundy. Plus he's apparently tied with "radical" patriot groups and militias. This guy is anti-gun media gold!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/rig...up-judge-and-sell-illegally-altered-gun-feds/

A former bodyguard for scofflaw rancher Cliven Bundy was arrested on federal weapons charges in connection with a plot to "lynch" lawmakers and "physically remove" a judge.

Schuyler Barbeau appeared Monday in federal court in Washington state after a confidential informant notified the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force about alleged threats the right-wing patriot made against law enforcement and public officials, reported the Seattle Times.

The informant told investigators that Barbeau spoke frequently about "revolution" and complained that "the federal government was not abiding by the principles set forth in the Constitution and that many public servants, such as judges and police officers who had sworn to uphold it, had deviated from their oath of office."

Barbeau, who claimed on his Facebook page to be a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, told the informant that he was duty-bound to teach public officials about their constitutional obligations and "discussed 'lynching' those he deemed unworthy if necessary," according to court documents.

"Nay, war against our government is inevitable," Barbeau posted Nov. 16 on his Facebook page. "Things are going to happen soon and before election. It doesn't matter if obama is still in office or not and if he declares martial law. Revolution will happen. Don't be fooled, it will not be civil war. It will be revolution. Restoring the constitutional republic can only happen by removing the De facto corporate democracy through a revolution."

He also plotted to "physically remove" a California judge overseeing an unrelated misdemeanor weapons charge Barbeau faces in that state.

Barbeau, who claims he was a member of Bundy's security detail during an armed standoff last year with federal agents, was reportedly arrested last week on federal weapons charges while riding near Seattle with Allen Aenk — who describes himself as the leader of the "Sheepdog" militia.

Federal agents reportedly searched Aenk's animal rescue ranch in eastern Washington, where Barbeau had been living, but the militia leader was not charged in the case.

Charging documents show Barbeau owned a rifle with a 10.5-inch barrel — which would violate federal laws requiring rifles to have barrels at least 16 inches long.

Shorter barrels require special licensing and registration, which Barbeau — who advised friends to surrender their driver's license as part of a sovereign citizen-style scheme — did not have.

The informant told federal agents that Barbeau always carried a .45-caliber handgun, and the source said he often carried an AR-15 rifle, body armor and helmet in his vehicle.

Court documents show Barbeau discussed selling the short-barreled rifle, along with custom optics and a longer replacement barrel, for $5,000 in October with the informant.

The source said Barbeau wanted to buy a larger caliber semi-automatic rifle because he thought that weapon "would be more effective in shootouts with law enforcement."

Barbeau's social media page shows strong antipathy toward police, but he also frequently posted viral images originating with white supremacist groups about white victims of black criminals.

He was particularly angry about the prosecution of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, based on the frequency of posts he made about that case — which also radicalized Charleston, S.C., shooter Dylann Roof.

Barbeau was arrested after he dropped off the weapon at the source's home and asked him to "obtain the money from the buyer as soon as possible."

If convicted, Barbeau faces up to 10 years in prison and would no longer be able to own firearms.

His arrest has sparked widespread interest in the right-wing "patriot" movement, where Barbeau was a well-known activist, sparking fears among militia groups that the arrest was part of a slow-motion crackdown on participants in the Bundy ranch standoff.

"Charging documents show Barbeau owned a rifle with a 10.5-inch barrel — which would violate federal laws requiring rifles to have barrels at least 16 inches long."

So an AR pistol that he attached a stock to without paying $200 is what they are going to be leading with.

The rest of the stuff can be attributed to "big talk" or "blowing off steam".

The really scary thing is, if they based this arrest, at least in part based solely on his Facebook posts, I would imagine some folks on this forum could be just as "suspicious" as him. If all they need to start looking for suspects is comments regarding a dislike for Obama or even wondering if there could be a revolution some day, then I dare say, they'll probably consider this site to be a 'militia' site :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. The lib media could spin any number of posts on this forum, especially in Prep & Survival, and have a "scary gun nut" story not far from this one. He has many of the same complaints and thoughts that we have expressed.

The really scary thing is, if they based this arrest, at least in part based solely on his Facebook posts, I would imagine some folks on this forum could be just as "suspicious" as him. If all they need to start looking for suspects is comments regarding a dislike for Obama or even wondering if there could be a revolution some day, then I dare say, they'll probably consider this site to be a 'militia' site :confused:

The guy was sounding a lot like me, except when the article got to the racist part.

Of course, half of it could be made up. Ministry of propaganda...

"Charging documents show Barbeau owned a rifle with a 10.5-inch barrel — which would violate federal laws requiring rifles to have barrels at least 16 inches long."

Anybody with half a brain is going to read that and say, "They want to send a guy to jail for 10 years for having a rifle too short? What the heck is that about?"

I guess the good news is that they didn't shoot and kill his wife, holding a baby, in order to make the arrest. :rolleyes:

The fed's had a hard on for him for a long time they were just waiting for something, anything to nail him for. Read between the lines people they were out out to get him. Right, wrong or indifferent they were going to take him down.

You're pretty much screwed when you make a verbal or written physical threat to a judge. Lots of people on this site talk about civil disobedience and such but nobody here that I've read is threatening to kill a judge or lynch people and if that can be shown by physical evidence to be true, he's screwed, the gun charge just makes it easier for law enforcement. How it reflects on law abiding firearms owners and how the media and the anties will use and misconstrue the truth is the absolute worst part. Dumb is as dumb does. CYA at all times.

You're pretty much screwed when you make a verbal or written physical threat to a judge. Lots of people on this site talk about civil disobedience and such but nobody here that I've read is threatening to kill a judge or lynch people and if that can be shown by physical evidence to be true, he's screwed, the gun charge just makes it easier for law enforcement. How it reflects on law abiding firearms owners and how the media and the anties will use and misconstrue the truth is the absolute worst part. Dumb is as dumb does. CYA at all times.

That's part of the point of this story though. Some people can get themselves really spun up in an online rant and may even say things they don't really mean, just to vent their frustration. So, does that mean if someone says something out of anger or frustration that they must necessarily become a target of an FBI investigation? I'm sure he's not the first, and likely won't be the last to make such remarks, but how many do we see that are being arrested over it?

It's likely this is a kind of revenge on the friends and supporters of Bundy, perhaps even in an attempt to push Bundy himself to concede. Kind of hard to say with any certainty, but since the Bundy incident ended up with the feds having to back down or start a big fight, I'm guessing they're looking for a payback.

So what about those who may not have gone down there, but expressed support for them? Should they be expected to become targets of an investigation too?

It all seems kind of fishy to me. And, I doubt we'll get much of the 'true' story about how all this came about. Yes, it's on him because of the illegal SBR, but that was probably just a lucky find for the feds as they were trying to take him down. I do not support him in any way, but I do find this whole thing to be a bit weird.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top