JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1100
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I dont know bout the rifle my grandmother is juat wanting to sell it because she needs help paying for bills and everything else since my grandfather just passed away. Please dont try to lowball Me or waist mine or your time. Ive had a few people that are family friends and werw into the whole savage rifle collecting with my grandfather and said if i waited for the right buyer i could even get more than im asking. So please if you have any just ask i will help best i can. Here is a link to all the photos to the rifle that im listing hope to hear from you soon

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
This isnt that one and mine is a 250 3000 and idk if you every get on 24hrcanpfire forums but they told me this when i was asking them about it ill just copy and paste cause i posted same link

previously stated, this would be one of the earlier 1899 Deluxe 250-3000s with the perch-belly buttstock and the cross-checked trigger, which brings somewhat of a premium on a collector rifle. Looks to be in real nice shape, but I feel the guys are spot
That appears to be a pretty early rifle with a "perch belly" butt stock.
Looks to be in pretty nice condition for a 100+ year old rifle.
The bore condition matters alot.
They were really helpful in alot of ways you cab check it out there to if you like

I would say based on the Ad Title is is chambered in 250-3000 Savage , the cartridge was introduced in 1915 and rifle will be C&R for those who care , but it's no antique legally speaking .
Ok sorry about that I'll change it in the title I did not know that I just assumed it was like a hundred years old that it would be considered an antique what does it mean will be c&r. If you could tell me id appreciate it is that bad or good

Ok sorry about that I'll change it in the title I did not know that I just assumed it was like a hundred years old that it would be considered an antique what does it mean will be c&r. If you could tell me id appreciate it is that bad or good
Legally to be qualified as an antique firearm it must have been made before Jan 1899 which your Savage 99 was not and the 250-3000 chambering means it was made after 1915 in all likelyhood .

A C&R (Curio and Relic ) firearm is a firearm over 50 years old which can be transferred to a C&R FFL holder (licensed collector) without you having to go to the gun store and do a transfer.

Last Edited:
I would say based on the Ad Title is is chambered in 250-3000 Savage , the cartridge was introduced in 1915 and rifle will be C&R for those who care , but it's no antique legally speaking .
some had the year of production stamp under the but plate . This looks like it might be the take down model

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.