JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a gold filled antique elgin pocket watch. It was made in 1917 and is a 17 jewell movement. It has the second hand and is totally functional. It's a windup movement. From the research I've done, it's a size 12 watch. I checked ebay for pricing and from what I found, I'm asking 150.00 for the watch or trade for ammo. I am not an expert on antique watches so I hope I'm close on the value. I'm negotiable on the price but am not going to give the watch away. The ammo I'm interested in is: 308, 12ga, 9mm, 45acp or trade for a stock ruger 10-22 rifle or small caliber pistol. I can add other posted items for the right offer. As to a couple of replys from some members, I don't have any children or do not have plans for any so I would be fine to sell/trade this watch to someone who collects/values antiques. Feel free to make an offer.
View attachment 210531
View attachment 210532
View attachment 210533

Has the crystal been replaced? Hard to see a plastic crystal in a 1917 watch. If it has, any idea of the cost of getting a period replacement for it?

The "crystal" appears to be made of plastic. There is a date (patent?) on the inside of the back cover-dated 1917. To the best of my knowledge, the crystal has never been replaced. The watch has been in my family since it was bought by my grandfather.

The "crystal" appears to be made of plastic. There is a date (patent?) on the inside of the back cover-dated 1917. To the best of my knowledge, the crystal has never been replaced. The watch has been in my family since it was bought by my grandfather.

Please don't take offense to this but you never sell a family heirloom! The money you get will soon be spent and then you won't have the cash or the watch. Save this and hand it down to the next generation sometime down the line.

You grandfather would kick you in the jimmy if he knew you were selling this!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top