JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How far away would a heat gun be seriously unbearable?

I know that the military has researched vehicle mounted microwave or similar for crowd control.
BlisterBlaster?

In my experience a portable heat gun would be more of a psychological deterrent than an actual formidable device. A 8 inch 1/2" drill bit at high RPM would chew anything that touches it and it could be casually pushed effortlessly through squishy things, especially if you had an impact driver.

Realistically though, it's not practical for defense as it, again, forces you to be in physical contact with the assailant which is what you are trying to avoid.

In my experience a portable heat gun would be more of a psychological deterrent than an actual formidable device. A 8 inch 1/2" drill bit at high RPM would chew anything that touches it and it could be casually pushed effortlessly through squishy things, especially if you had an impact driver.

Realistically though, it's not practical for defense as it, again, forces you to be in physical contact with the assailant which is what you are trying to avoid.
It's a recurring thought in my head.
I had a nice fire going 2 nights ago outside and there's that point when the coals are hot as hell, with fuel (wood) stacked right for rapid burn. It hurts your skin if you're in the wrong spot, or the breeze shifts.
If only man portable "vape guns" existed.

I don't doubt that there are a few conservative people in Portland who did not vote for this mess. I have the utmost compassion for those people. They do not deserve what is happening.

As for the rest of the idiots, they can burn with the the city and the politicians that THEY VOTED FOR. And the sooner the better. Good riddance to that cesspool.

These groups take advantage of pedestrian rights and driver obligations. The drivers that encounter these violent groups in the street are at a legal disadvantge in every which way. Sure you can plow thru them but chances of finding a sympathetic jury these days is slim.

These groups take advantage of pedestrian rights and driver obligations. The drivers that encounter these violent groups in the street are at a legal disadvantge in every which way. Sure you can plow thru them but chances of finding a sympathetic jury these days is slim.

Saul Alinsky, paraphrased: use the rules of the system against itself.

The Four Laws of Stupid:

Don't go to stupid places, at stupid times, to do stupid things, with stupid people.

Portland is a stupid place...with lots of stupid people...at all times of the day and night. Going there when you know there is wide-scale unrest is a stupid thing.

Antifa may be on the wrong side of right, imho opinion but they are using very small numbers to gain a lot of attention and cause a lot of grief.

It's not by accident, and people who don't take this seriously will be later saying, "I don't know how this happened."

It's like people today looking back at history and saying "how could they let that happen."

Watching the video - guy did seemingly just about everything wrong. Tried to use his gun as an intimidation tool, guy slammed him into the pavement, driver showed some clear signs of tunnel vision as well. Carrying a gun doesn't mean competent or able to make good decisions when the adrenaline starts rolling. Best thing he could have done is gas pedal out of there.

Watching the video - guy did seemingly just about everything wrong. Tried to use his gun as an intimidation tool, guy slammed him into the pavement, driver showed some clear signs of tunnel vision as well. Carrying a gun doesn't mean competent or able to make good decisions when the adrenaline starts rolling. Best thing he could have done is gas pedal out of there.

Yep. I'm floored.

Don't engage. Don't freak out they are in a crossfire and can shoot thier own. Don't start anything.

And it's justified to draw. But the mistake? How many can we count. Multiple guns and idiots around him. He is alone.

And he didn't fire. Biggest. But wouldn't have helped him anyways.

Shame. Hope the police actually get allowed to respond. Robbery and terrorism.

What would you get if this was your behavior? How many charges would we face had we acted like antifa. How many laws are they allowed to break and abuse our citizens.

Yeah, you got to know where and when to go and not go. Some places that are perfectly safe during the day go bad at night.

The gas pedal, yes but not too fast. Give them some time to get pushed back out of the way, Your vehicle may take a hammering but you won't go to jail for assault or manslaughter. But don't go there in the first place if you can help it and this won't be a problem.

Police arrived on the scene ... people were still wandering around the area, some openly carrying firearms. This has got to be a scary situation for the cops. Nothing good is gonna come from people carrying guns around at night in a riot situation, so chances are those carrying arms in this story were not the good guys. 2A notwithstanding, this kind of press doesn't do the cause any good. 2A rights apply equally to the good and the bad. I think the phrase, "for ill or for good" applies here.

They are getting more aggressive. It is a ticking time bomb and not a matter of if, but when it blows. The blood will flow.

The only thing people can do is to abandon Portland. Businesses will continue to flee downtown, the flow of money will keep shrinking and the Portland city government will face a reckoning they cannot ignore.

It is already a no go zone for me, I won't stop anywhere east of the west hills. The only time I have left a major roadway was to go to Milwaukie.

Last Edited:
They are getting more aggressive.

It is a ticking time bomb. Not a matter of if, but when it blows, and blood will flow.
And the charges will grow.

Last Edited:
And the charges will grow.

I believe in nearly every one of these incidents the drivers were scared for their safety and maybe even for their lives but fact is in todays world the mobs are the protected ones and drivers are left to the dogs.

Add in a driver pulling a firearm and ventilating a few members of the mob, it will be tough finding a sympathetic jury.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top