Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anti-gunners after 1st as well as 2nd

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, this sort of removes any questions about what gun banners really want

Gun prohibitionists target Miller; NW officials dis gun owners

A group of self-described “gun violence prevention advocates” has announced it will deliver a petition this afternoon to the Washington, D.C. television station where investigative reporter and author Emily Miller works, demanding that she be dismissed because of her pro-Second Amendment views.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-prohibitionists-target-miller-nw-officials-dis-gun-owners

boogerhook and tiggers97 like this.
  2. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

looking good with those earrings ;) (the caption should probably read "Emily Miller")

3. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Dave - sorry I am not picking on you.

I am taking issue with this phrase:

" a direct assault on her First Amendment rights."

I know almost everyone talks the way you phrased it, and thinks that way.

She has no rights grated to her by the Constitution, nor any other document.

Dead, White, Rich, Slave Owners - never had the right to bestow upon anyone rights.

Our creator did that.

The First Amendment restricts the Government.

The RTBA was not granted by Dead, White, Rich, Slave Owners either.

As we head into this election cycle, we all must know what we are fighting for.

A liberal friend told me "they can be changed" Sure, we can change what we allow our government to do. Not what she meant. She meant that the current manifestation of those Dead, White, Rich, Slave Owners, could change which rights we the people have. No, The Creator Only.

Otherwise it is no longer We the People.

Dyjital likes this.
  4. Dave Workman

I'm not picking back, just everything you wrote.

Far as I can remember, nobody said anything about where rights come from. Miller certainly didn't. Like it or not, rights are under attack. Getting off into some philosophical argument about where rights come from does not address the problem. It's a distraction.

;)

Classic likes this.
  5. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

RicInOR: Both the 1st and 2nd Amendments are statements and affirmations of rights, not of the source of the rights. Mr. Workman's statement is grammatically and logically correct.

tiggers97, Dyjital and deen_ad like this.
  6. Dave Workman

The caption DOES say Emily Miller. You need to click on the photo for the caption. (It's an Examiner mystery I've never been inclined to explore.:rolleyes:)

boogerhook likes this.