Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anti-gun WA bill exploits school shooting - SB6628

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Three WA Senators ‘dancing in blood’ to push anti-gun agenda?

Veteran gun rights lobbyist Joe Waldron, who retired from the Marine Corps as a lieutenant colonel after a career that included service during the first Gulf War, has found a new battleground, right here in Washington State.

Three WA Senators

2. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder, Dave. I saw the goal post from Joe this morning. I have mailed my senator. I used to live in Sen. Kline's district. Blech.

3. Dave Workman

Delighted you escaped!

To add injury to insult, however:

Gun group blasts TX prof who said school shooting is ‘typical 2A exercise’

Bellevue’s Second Amendment Foundation quickly fired off a rebuttal against a University of Texas (Austin) law professor who sent an e-mail in the wake of Monday’s deadly school shooting in Ohio that the incident was a “another typical exercise of the 2d Amendment rights.”

Gun group blasts TX prof who said school shooting is

4. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

I guess I am confused why this would be called an anti-gun bill. The additional CWP charge a side I would personaly like to see more punishment for adults that do not lock up or store there weapons so children can get to them. Just my two cents.

5. Dave Workman

TOVO, I understand your confusion.
    Here is the problem with this legislation and why it is "anti-gun."

I think Mr. Waldron, about whom I wrote in the above column, said it best in an e-mail he sent last night:

There is, as he says, an existing reckless endangerment statute. Kline wants to single out gun owners. Knowing his history, this is one of those "reasonable first steps" to which he might return next year or the year after, with enhanced penalty language specifically aimed at gun owners.

That may be okay with some people but it is not okay with me, or Waldron, or a lot of other people who are very wary of being singled out for "special treatment."

Thanks for reading, and for your thoughts!
    :thumbup:

6. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Nanny Nanny Nanny...We do not need any more Nanny rules...at least I have been a legal adult for almost 50 years, I don't think I need some snot nosed kid that has never raised any children (we had 5, now have 13 almost 14 grandkids) to tell me how to live.

7. Dave Workman

Hermann I believed you've cracked the code!
    Now, here's this:

Subtle agenda at work in OH, WA school shooting aftermath

It hasn’t taken long for agenda-driven groups and their mainstream press enablers to start pushing not-so-subliminal anti-gun messages in the aftermath of Monday’s deadly Ohio school shooting, and last week’s accidental shooting in Washington.

Subtle agenda at work in OH, WA school shooting aftermath - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

8. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Dave:

You might check, but I read somewhere that (whatever his Italian sounding name is, starts with a F...) the guy from WA cease fire, make a statement that the gun used here in the WA school problem was the boyfriends gun, and it had been locked up. (Probably because the gal shouldn't have access to it)...he was complaining that kid should not have had any possible access...I guess he means: if you have kids, you shouldn't be able to have firearms, they might get them. You might want to go look for that statement. Only place I heard it was the boyfriends gun, and it had been "secured". Probably a lock box like the Clark co Sheriff's deputies were complaining about eh?

Dumb part about that, I owned my own .22 when I was 12...dad gave it to me as a 12th birthday gift. This was in the 50's, in OR...for some strange reason that .22 never went out by itself and tried to find someone to harm...

I purchased my first hunting rifle by myself, with my own earned money when I was 16. The gun store (yes, it actually was from a place that specialized in guns and reloading equipement, one of the very few back Pre-GCA68.) Only wanted to know if I had passed my hunter safety class, (I had), and I expect that was just for the owners own edification, after all $300 as a lot of money in early 60's...

Edited to add: (Flagerent cut and past from OCDO)

"Ceasefire Director Ralph Fascitelli was interviewed on KISS fm

http://www.mediafire.com/?b404d18ba8lg179

Alot of the same, Say's open carry is legal, we should ban "military style assault weapons", Talks about the "gun-show loophole," and says that the NRA is fear-mongering ("Rattles the cage") its members to oppose their common sense gun laws.
    One interesting thing at the end. He mentions that "kids are smart, they'll see how a lock box is opened and get into it, like this boy in Bremerton" I hadn't know that gun had been locked up prior to the shooting. "

9. gcban

gcban Tukwila, WA Active Member

I would like to ask all WA CPL permit holders to contact thier State Senator and House Representative to make sure that Sen. Adam Klines Bill goes down in flames. He recently decided to kill HB 2471 in the Senate (that was passed overwhelmingly in the House to allow WA CPL permits issued after 7/22/2011 the NICS exemption status in WA) because of a hissy fit he has with the Republicans. Now he has submitted and sponsored this prized piece of garbage in the form of SB 6628. Wants all WA CPL holders to pay an additional $2 at permit renewal or original issue to help fund the State General Fund and force many firearm owners to purchase a locking device. I wrote him back today from the response he sent to me about killing HB 2471, snippet of it posted below. Lets tell this guy to go take a flying leap. Call your represtative with your opposition to SB 6627. Be safe! -G

10. duran21

duran21 Lacey Active Member

I hate when anti-gun people react like this... calling my senator and rep right now.

11. Dave Workman