JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Culture war: Reality versus the zone of happy thoughts

Washington CeaseFire’s Ralph Fascitelli made it official yesterday during his remarks launching the gun free zone project that discriminates against firearms owners in Seattle: there is a culture war that the Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb said gun owners will fight.

<broken link removed>

Ralph Fascist what?

I quit shopping in Seattle few years ago, even though that is where my house is.
I absolutely hate the political leaning of the city. It is run by complete idiot whack jobs whose brains must be contaminated by mold spores.
I would rather drive 30 miles to get into another taxing jurisdiction than to allow Seattle to receive any of my money.

Where do you buy gasoline and groceries? The two biggest expense items you have besides rent/house payment.

Ever eat at a fast food restaurant? Where is that?

Not criticizing you amigo, just putting things into perspective. I cannot disagree with your philosophy.

Have you signed I-591 yet?

That guy sure is upholding his oath.

Same idiot that held an independent review for coal in washington then once he got the report and it didn't go his way he tried to hide it. The media blasted him for it and demanded it be released and he reluctantly did so while trash talking the findings and the people who did it.

These people pushing their own agendas need to be removed.

From the earth.

They are nothing but traitors to the constitution and everything it's stands for.
Problem is there are too many of them.

Anyone else notice that a large portion of those on the list are liquor serving establishments?

Bars are off limits to carrying a handgun even with a CCW. There are signs posted outside the entrance to the bar. I just eat in the restaurant and do not drink alcohol when I go out anyways.

Bar owner kills robber; would &#8216;No guns' sign have helped?

For the second time since 2008, bar owner Andy Kochanski has had to use a gun to ward off bandits from his bar, this time killing one suspect and on the same day that Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and Washington CeaseFire launched their "gun free zone" campaign, the shooting was declared self-defense.

<broken link removed>

Bars are off limits to carrying a handgun even with a CCW. There are signs posted outside the entrance to the bar. I just eat in the restaurant and do not drink alcohol when I go out anyways.

Not for the owner or his staff. While RCW 9.41.300 prohibits being armed in those areas that are designated by state liquor control board as off-limits for anyone less than 21 , subsection (1)(d) of it does not apply to the proprietor of the premises or his or her employees while engaged in their employment.

If some Capitol hill bar posts a magic sticker on the door, is the owner saying that he's a hypocrite, or an easy target?

Anyone else notice that a large portion of those on the list are liquor serving establishments?

Where you can't legally carry in WA anyway!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

We don't have CCW in WA, it's a Concealed Pistol License or CPL.

Deen
"Defender of Freedom" award

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

The most those businesses can do is ask you to leave right?

I read one story that quoted a popo and he basically said that the sign alone was enough notification and they didn't need anything more to charge you with trespassing.

That's going to get to the WA Supreme Court I bet since it violates the actual law. Kind of like what Seattle did with the gun ban in parks!

Deen
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I read one story that quoted a popo and he basically said that the sign alone was enough notification and they didn't need anything more to charge you with trespassing.

That's going to get to the WA Supreme Court I bet since it violates the actual law. Kind of like what Seattle did with the gun ban in parks!

Deen

How is that that sticker any different (more magical?) than the "no guns" stickers by the doorways of the Westfield Malls like Southcenter, Capitol or Kitsap? ;-)

How is that that sticker any different (more magical?) than the "no guns" stickers by the doorways of the Westfield Malls like Southcenter, Capitol or Kitsap? ;-)

It's not, but McGinn has seemingly convinced the Seattle police that it is!

Deen
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Not for the owner or his staff. While RCW 9.41.300 prohibits being armed in those areas that are designated by state liquor control board as off-limits for anyone less than 21 , subsection (1)(d) of it does not apply to the proprietor of the premises or his or her employees while engaged in their employment.

If some Capitol hill bar posts a magic sticker on the door, is the owner saying that he's a hypocrite, or an easy target?

Yes the bar owner and his/her staff can be armed but still I don't go into bar since it is a violation even with a CPL. I eat in the restaurant area only or if the restaurant area is closed I find another place to eat in Seattle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top