JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
USA Today: Senate fails Newtown, common sense: Our view

The poll says 57% strongly disagree with the article. Where did the 90% support go?

National Memo: The National Memo » Soft On Crime: Protecting The ?Second Amendment Rights? Of Thugs And Terrorists

2nd amendment rights are only for 'thugs and terrorists".

Gawker: Senate Kills Gun Plan Vast Majority of Americans Supported

Majority of Americans supported the measures

Bloomberg: Manchin Blames Gun-Vote Loss on Opposition Twisting Facts - Bloomberg

NRA twisted facts

Washington Post: Gun-control overhaul is defeated in Senate - The Washington Post

Nine in 10 Americans support the idea

Gabby Giffords op-ed(printed in Washington Post and New York Times): Gabby Giffords nails it on Senate?s failure

Senators fear the NRA

New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/o...americans-on-gun-bills.html?ref=politics&_r=0

Senate fails Americans

Not a single article talking about facts, using non-emotional arguments or coming up with real solutions that will work.

The anti's keep saying the Senate caved in to "political fear/cowardice" which at LEAST takes some deliberate consideration of consequenses... While its PERFECTLY fine with them if they give in to "emotional fear/cowardice", which puts little to no thought into anything.... but fear itself.

As for me and my house, we'll not bend our knee to the "gods" of fear running rampant, selling gilded cages of slavery disguised as a hedge of protection... the government is NOT my "domestic" protector, nor my sufficiency. I stand upon a Rock, not the sandy foundation of "security" perpetuated by elitist, greedy, whoremongers vying for power and control over our lives.

Walk the line, HOLD the line.

Not a single article talking about facts, using non-emotional arguments or coming up with real solutions that will work.

And you expected rose petals, chariots and trumpets?

That's a nice roundup of coverage, of course. Well done.

But while many are celebrating, the thing to keep in perspective from all of these articles is that a lot of people really hate gun owners...and they will stop at nothing to disarm us.

This was just the end of Round One.

But, wait. The President was all over the news a while back, saying that these things deserved a vote. The president got what he wanted, a vote. What more could he want now? (Rhetorical question, I know he meant he wanted a vote his way).

They voted on it just a bit ago.I think its why Harry Reid voted no yesterday,he wants his bill to go through.I hope I am just reading it wrong but it sounds like expanded bgc to me.bill passed with 67 ayes.

Just wrote the Oregon Senators again.
Yeah, they keep voting in favor of these ignorance and fear driven bills, but perhaps they will eventually stop if they know they get floods of email every time they do it.

Or eventually we will vote them out.

They voted on it just a bit ago.I think its why Harry Reid voted no yesterday,he wants his bill to go through.I hope I am just reading it wrong but it sounds like expanded bgc to me.bill passed with 67 ayes.

It appears they voted on another amendment to S. 649 today On the Amendment S.Amdt. 717 to S. 649 (Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of2013) -- GovTrack.us.

It appears they took a vote on S. Amdt 717 PROTECTING THE PRIVACY AND SAFETY OF LAW-ABIDING GUN OWNERS. This amendment was introduced by Sen. Barrasso (WY) and states in part..."if a State or unit of local government receiving a grant under this part publicly releases private gun ownership data during any fiscal year, the Attorney General shall withhold 5 percent of the amount that would otherwise be provided to the State or unit of local government under this part for that fiscal year".

I could be wrong...

To MSM: your tears are delicious.

hqdefault.jpg

Gabby Gifford's article left me feeling sad - for her. I feel bad about what she went through, but after this my sympathy for her is zero. She is all about becoming the next Jim Brady. She talks up the Newtown shooting and as expected her own while ignoring the fact that the failed legislation would have prevented neither from happening. As far as I'm concerned she is coldly using those events and the defeat of the bill to advance herself and nothing more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top