JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Oregon Firearm Safety Act of 2015:
  • Whereas firearm safety is valued by the Citizens of Oregon
  • Whereas the best way to promote firearm safety is through training and practice
  • Whereas the most common firearm cartridge is .22 Long Rifle
  • Whereas .22 Long Rifle is scarce as hen's teeth due to hoarding and scalpers
  • To provide for the safety of all Oregonians each Citizen over the age of 16 shall be provided by the State at least 500 rounds of .22 Long Rifle per week for training purposes (and we don't mean the cheap stuff neither)

Confiscation in NY
New York's anti-gun insanity is getting even more paranoid and inappropriate, with the Buffalo Police now scanning the obituaries and looking for an opportunity to <broken link removed> .
Buffalo Police say they're determined to get more guns off the streets and now they're checking to see whether pistol permit holders have passed away and what happened to their gun or guns.
During a press conference last week regarding weapons brought in illegally from Pennsylvania, police officials told reporters their biggest problem with weapons in crimes seems to involve guns that are stolen in burglaries from homes.
They feel that, in some cases, families are holding on to weapons even after the person who bought them originally has died.
So now they're actually looking for those situations.
"We recently started a program where we're cross referencing all the pistol permit holders with the death records, and we're sending people out to collect the guns whenever possible so that they don't end up in the wrong hands," said Police Commissioner Daniel Derrenda [sic]." Because at times they lay out there and the family is not aware of them and they end up just out on the street."
I'm quite tempted to mock the pure and unfiltered bovine excrement pouring forth from the mouth of Daniel Derenda, but if I did then I'd be undercutting the disgust I feel for the actions of the Buffalo PD, and the lies that Derenda is willing to vomit forth in order to bully grieving families.
What the Buffalo PD is hoping to accomplish is blindingly obvious. They're going to use the relative's pistol permit as the proverbial camel's nose under the tent to get at every firearm they can, hoping to remove all the firearms from the home while the family is at their most vulnerable.
While a family is still reeling from the loss of a beloved mother, father, brother, son, or sister, uniformed officers from the Buffalo Police Department are going to show up at their doors and attempt to bully the family into surrendering their recently deceased relative's firearms… all of them, if they can.
The handgun on the pistol permit is an excuse, but the officers will obviously try to convince the grieving family that they should surrender all of the other firearms belonging to the decedent as well.
The Buffalo PD try to get family's to turn over what may very well be heirlooms, without allowing the family to pass them along to other family members who might appreciate them.
This is a despicable and heartless practice, and should be ended immediately

Registration leads to confiscation
Confiscation leads to genocide

Last Edited:
I've been emailing due to being deaf so can't do as much as you I suppose so why calling me to the mat???
I suppose you think no-one can do as good as you, eh?
We're all on the same side, or should be.

sorry if it came off that way. thank you for contacting your legislators.

i don't think i'm superior to anyone else. i just want to encourage people to do as much as they can. donating and voting are fine, but there's so much more that can be done.

i think we all should start spending less time ranting about 594 and more time planning what to do to fix things.

CHL holders already had multiple background checks, what kind of gun hating retard came up with this nonsense? They obviously are just looking to harass CHL holders,,,

bolus.............Free classes would put me out of business....but I might be anyway. I've been trying to talk the Sheriff and Comish into doing that here for years now....and getting stonewalled.
I like the other ideas.

CHL holders already had multiple background checks, what kind of gun hating retard came up with this nonsense? They obviously are just looking to harass CHL holders,,,
Perhaps they are, perhaps it is just a place holder title or statement with something really nasty waiting in the background. I'm not really sure how the beginnings of the Oregon initiative process works though, so I could be wrong.

In any event, I would wager that anything that does come forth will be another wedge attempting to divide gun owners. DON"T let that happen. Hunters, trap shooters, competitors, etc. ALL have skin in this game.

First, after ObamaCare who still has a physician? I get whatever overworked Nurse Practitioner happens to be staffing the Urgent Care.

Second how the heck is a physician suppose to write a mental health report. Wouldn't that have to come from a Psychiatrist, Psychologist or some other mental health professional instead of a General Practitioner. You might as well not ask for an evaluation from your Dentist since he works in your head. I have seen better Bills come from high school students at Beaver Boys State.

Why dont we write our own measure?

Here are some of my ideas.

No additional gun restriction laws without first expansion of mental health coverage in Oregon.

Conceal carry permit holders are exempt from background checks as long as their permit is active (Just have to show your card to the gun store).

Each county sheriff should maintain a firing range and offer free basic handgun safety classes for the public

I like this one and this one is all we need.
"No additional gun restriction laws"

I like this one and this one is all we need.
"No additional gun restriction laws"
This is exactly what we need to be doing. There are those here that think that we need to give tyrants "something" so that they'll feel all warm and fuzzy. Need to educate yourselves and look into what people like Prozanski, Kotek, Dingfelder, Burdick, and others are saying. This isn't about grieving over loved ones and hope for a better tomorrow. It's about control and politics. Nothing more.

Look at history and understand what capitulation has brought. Nevill Chamberlain thought he was doing the right thing and it came back to harm the entire world. Look at what is happening in New York right now. The gang bangers aren't being affected by these laws, the law abiding citizens are the subjects of the political payback. Look at the misinformation on 594 in Washington. People will be fighting this for years before there is any relief.

Keep it simple like Taku stated above. Don't waste time thinking that feeding the jackals will stop them from coming after you.

It's about power and control. Politics is only the pathway that moves it. Now that the little sliver of blue in this state has given us even more power and control hungry politicians, we can expect more of our freedoms to melt away. Any of us listening have heard Gruber tell us how stupid the voters are. We need government making our decisions in life as we the voter don't know what's good for us.:mad:

good luck without a republican governor and republican AG.

This right here.

They refuse to uphold laws and the Constitution (state and federal), and they legislate from the judicial and executive branches when it suits them.

This is diametrically opposed to how this REPUBLIC was set up to function in order to keep TYRANNY in check.

The law has become lawless.

This is also a point that we might, unfortunately, have to look at when background checks are talked about again in the next legislative season.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top