JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon's firstanti-gun ballot measurehas been filed.
This bizarre measure called the"Oregon State Integrated Concealed Handgun Carry Act"has been filed by "Ifeanyichukwu Diru" who you may (or may not) recall, actually ran for Governor.

The measure calls for handgun licenses to be limited to one year and all applicants must"submit a mental health report from their physicians as part of conditions to qualify to hold a concealed handgun permit"(sic)

Of course, there is more.

We fully expected the lunatic anti-gun fringe to pull out all the stops thanks to their gains in the legislature and the reelection of Kitzhaber, so this ballot measure should not be a surprise, but it is just a down payment on what's coming down the road.
Remember, no matter what the freedom haters in the population centers dream up, most counties in Oregon are pro-gun. If their sheriffs and county commissioners refuse to support this kind of lunacy, it's going to be up to a tiny number of State Police to try to enforce this kind of nonsense. Where do your sheriffs and commissioners stand?

Complete info on the ballot measure here.

Should we require a mental evaluation othe person who files this?

Also, we should point out this kind of measures discriminate against poor people. Unless Obama care covers it, this essentially take away low income people's rights to carry.

This initiative also includes declaring inherited fire arms or face confiscation. I thought that was proposed in NJ. Are these the same people?

People should be made aware that there are 14 exemptions state wide for carrying a concealed handgun. 1 of course is the permit and most of the other exemptions won't apply to everyday people unless you're law enforcement. But the fishing/ hunting & target shooting to or from & during any of those 3 activities are covered. There are numerous year round public ponds/lakes in Oregon that allow you to fish anytime from dawn to dusk. Carry a cheap pole in your vehicle at all times, know the ponds and if ever need be state you will be going there in the course of your day. You're not lying because it had not happened yet & you can always change your mind like anyone else. I don't believe in asking permission via a 'permit' for something I'm going to do regardless & is for my own protection & those around me. Let alone the right to carry open or concealed was never intended to be nickel & dimed by those that wrote the 2nd. Its a personal preference in how you bear your arms.

The measure calls for handgun licenses to be limited to one year and all applicants must"submit a mental health report from their physicians as part of conditions to qualify to hold a concealed handgun permit"(sic)

Yeah... because there's such a MASSIVE crime spree of CHL holders going around shooting, robbing, car jacking, raping, and abusing everyone.

:rolleyes:

This initiative also includes declaring inherited fire arms or face confiscation. I thought that was proposed in NJ. Are these the same people?
In new York they're confiscating firearms from widows that their husbands or wives used to own. This is another reason why you shouldn't register anything. They only know what you or your family have if you register them. I don't mind if people break any law that tells them to register, those kind of laws will always be more wrong than the act of disobeying them. Gun control laws have never had any merit. Federal, State and local 'arms' laws of any kind, that act as an infringement on your 2nd amendment are null & void. Courts & the government claim to interpret the Constitution all the time, yet its the Constitution that was created to interpret the government & it's courts.

Not sure how much attention should be given to these whacko types of petitions. Not even sure if it gets amended or rewritten as it advances. Could be a trial balloon to gauge response from the pro 2A crowd. In any case, it's a reminder that we all need to make sure we're signed up for OFF alerts. Don't forget that Kevin Sterrett will be one of the organizers in our fight. We need to make sure he has our support, and that includes our financial and time support.

Edit: Here's a link to the sticky at the top of this sub forum: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/th...active-in-defending-the-2nd-amendment.146112/
I'm sure there will be an up to date clearing house for the information as we move forward. Obviously, committees haven't been formed yet for the upcoming session so you'll need to pay attention and keep up to date. But the message is still the same, start getting prepared by knowing your representatives and how to contact them. Might be a good idea to start now with your support of them and remind them that your 2A rights are important to you.

Last Edited:
What I have been doing all along, fighting their efforts by supporting pro-gun orgs, voting and calling out the so-called liberal gun owners who elected the anti-gun politicians.

What about you? What are YOU doing to fight this?

can't say much without tipping my hand to the anti's, but i assure you a LOT more than that.

to your list of stuff, please add writing or calling your elected representatives.

Wise old saying: "The best defense is a good offense" It's past time that the firearms community (that is Manufactures, Sellers, Consumers, Associations, and 2nd Amendment Politicians) get organized and work together to fight back against the anti's. Pipe dream you say, perhaps but united we stand divided we fall!

^^^^

yep. we need to be on the offensive, not the defensive. gun rights organizations need to unite, now more than ever.

this means getting the NRA to play along and coordinate closely with local gun rights groups. if you are an NRA member, you need to call them and tell them that.

I've been emailing due to being deaf so can't do as much as you I suppose so why calling me to the mat???
I suppose you think no-one can do as good as you, eh?
We're all on the same side, or should be.

In new York they're confiscating firearms ....

This is another reason why you shouldn't register anything....

I don't mind if people break any law that tells them to register, those kind of laws will always be more wrong than the act of disobeying them.

Gun control laws have never had any merit. Federal, State and local 'arms' laws of any kind, that act as an infringement on your 2nd amendment are null & void.

Courts & the government claim to interpret the Constitution all the time, yet its the Constitution that was created to interpret the government & it's courts.

So sound and true. How can anyone see it any other way?? Unless they want THE PEOPLE to be completely unarmed and unable to provide for their own defense -whoever it may be. And it will be THE PEOPLE who breath life back into the true meaning and true intent of the 2nd Amendment.

Want to know what that is? Go read what the founding fathers were thinking yourself. Go read the FEDERALIST PAPERS. You will understand and agree with chariot13 above.

"Just when you think it's time to bury your arms, it is in fact time to dig them up" - A U.S. Patriot.

We're all on the same side, or should be.

Exactly - we don't have the resources of Bloomberg, Gates, and Allen so we need to save our fighting for when and where it counts. Their strategy is to focus all their $$$ on one place and overwhelm them. Bloomberg having been successful in raping Washington State is now aiming at New Mexico. I think the only reason it's them and not us is our new Democrat controlled state legislature.

BTW, I've never met Caveman Jim face to face, but I have a feeling he has been torturing our elected officials longer than most of the current ones have been alive.

I repeat - save the fight for the tyrants who would take our rights.

What I have been doing all along, fighting their efforts by supporting pro-gun orgs, voting and calling out the so-called liberal gun owners who elected the anti-gun politicians.

What about you? What are YOU doing to fight this?

Also the ones that were too damned laze to get off their azzes and vote up there should be called out as well. They need to be shamed for what they failed to do and what caused all gun owners to lose so much.
The upcoming stand and fight should not have to happen. For a free American Voting should be an honor and a duty. The people that sit it out and depend on everyone else are couch turds and not worthy of even being called Americans anymore.
You non voters don't like that.... well tough bubble-whatever !

Why dont we write our own measure?

Here are some of my ideas.

No additional gun restriction laws without first expansion of mental health coverage in Oregon.

Conceal carry permit holders are exempt from background checks as long as their permit is active (Just have to show your card to the gun store).

Each county sheriff should maintain a firing range and offer free basic handgun safety classes for the public

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top