Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anti-gun mayors mount 'Day of Action' effort

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

I was watching national news tonight, dint remember if it was cbs or nbc but it was their top story. At first it was pretty slanted but they ended it by showing a massive counter pro gun really in CT. If "the majority"of America supports more gun control then why are they having such a hard time getting it passed. Hopefully they are not able to sway those dems in republican leaning states

3. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

4. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

5. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

let me get this straight... when a group of people want to stand up for the rights of people (the NRA) using public statements and political funds as incentive, its wrong and supporting murder of children; when a for profit corporation does the same thing to reduce your rights, its a blessing? now what is it that makes this different? oh wait the non-profit is the one that doesnt want more restrictions.

6. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

So what was the outcome of all this gun-control "day of action"? There was nothing around me in Oregon that I was aware of. The ceasefire and Mom's facebooks have been pretty quite of late (especially after they wiped out all the debate comments).

Yesterday it was almost non-stop news articles on Yahoo and all the major news sights. Today, Yahoo=nothing, and only the really left leaning sites still have any stories. Indication of their results? Any pictures, stories about who/how-many showed up?

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

There was about 30 people that showed up for a candlelight vigil at Clacakmas Town Center.

Rally aims for stricter gun control after Clackamas Town Center shooting | OregonLive.com

Freedom from fear? I don't think that is possible. An attempt to do so would also require giving up liberty which is unacceptable.

8. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

MAIG is mostly for the beltway. They may have members in western states, but by and large they are targeting east-coast urban centers and swing vote states.

That's one of the thing that angers me the most about the gun control debate. It's blatantly obvious that it's a power play being pitched at east-coast urbanites - the most likely to support such legislation. They will get to make policy for the rest of us, the rest of the country be damned.

Personally I'm pretty sick of groups of powerful people living thousands of miles away, on the other side of the continent, dictating how the rest of us will live. Sound familiar at all?

tiggers97 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

The report I saw on Cam and Company NRA News on the Sportsman Channel yesterday said they couldn't find any evidence of more than a few dozen in most places. If there was a massive one in Connecticut, it was probably after the show. But it certainly had nowhere near the turnouts that the pro gun rallies had.