JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or are they simply confessing incompetence, lack of due diligence?

Are anti-gun governors trying to distance themselves from new laws?

Are anti-gun Governors Andrew Cuomo of New York and John Hickenlooper scrambling to distance themselves from new gun laws both signed in their respective states last year, with the Coloradoan quoted by Thursday's Daily Caller insisting that he only signed the magazine ban because someone on his staff allegedly promised that he would?

<broken link removed>

Are they sorry for what they did, or are they sorry that it'll cost them the next election? Or are they sorry for pandering to a temporarily popular opinion? Or perhaps they're sorry for "passing it to see what's in it"?

Are they sorry for what they did, or are they sorry that it'll cost them the next election? Or are they sorry for pandering to a temporarily popular opinion? Or perhaps they're sorry for "passing it to see what's in it"?

My own personal opinion is they are two of the sorriest sonsa________ (fill in the blank) I ever laid eyes on. ;)

This attempt at distancing will do them more harm than if they stood by their decisions.

1) It will hurt them with the anti-gun people - at least some of them.

2) It will make them appear wishy washy.

3) Their opposition and pro-gun people will surely run ads with both their strong support for the legislation and then their later denials.

I would say that this also makes them appear as the typical sleazy politician, but my impression of the typical citizen is that they vote for obviously sleazy pols anyway as long as the pols promise them what they want. It is human nature to ignore such obvious signs of being conned when you think you are getting something in return - that is why con artists make such a good living, they rely on greed and sloth.

913252934_Truth_v__Lies_Cartoon_answer_1_xlarge.png

They should take lessons from Kitzhaber that douche doesn't talk to anyone about anything. And if he does its only to blame someone else or to spew some totally incomprehensible gobbledygook that really has nothing to do with the Question at hand.

When was the last time you saw the Governor of Oregon on the TV talking to the people of Oregon about a damn thing? He's a JOKE and we are being hit with the punch line over and over again.

They should take lessons from Kitzhaber that douche doesn't talk to anyone about anything. And if he does its only to blame someone else or to spew some totally incomprehensible gobbledygook that really has nothing to do with the Question at hand.

When was the last time you saw the Governor of Oregon on the TV talking to the people of Oregon about a damn thing? He's a JOKE and we are being hit with the punch line over and over again.

You guys elected him.

Dave;
I get one vote. I cast it.
It wasn't for Kitzhaber, and wasn't for Obama, and wasn't for Earl, and wasn't for Merkeley.
Ooooh! you mean us Oregonians?
Anybody going to check the voter registry for citizenship?
Pobre Sito, sorry I offended some illegal voter.

Yeah that happens from time to time all right, if it stays even remotely on how gun rights tie into the creepy politician in question then the thread can run pretty long sometimes.

I have never voted for a Democratic choice for Governor and I started voting in 1976. I will admit to having voted for that dumbass Carter for President. But the Winter of 1979-80 took care of ever doing something that stupid again. After watching him sit on his bubblegum and let the Iranians hand us our asses.

You guys elected him.

Actually, ~800,000 others elected his gun-hating butt to the chair. My vote had nothing to do with it.

May 2014 registered voters:
820,283 Democrat
651,112 Republican
491,217 Non-affiliated (whatever that means)
191 Americans Elect (whoever the bubblegum they are)
3,372 Constitution
99,188 Independent

Source: Oregon Secretary of State http://www.oregonvotes.gov/doc/voterresources/registration/may14.pdf

Strange. Oregon must be the only state in the Union without Libertarians, possibly THE most pro-gun party in the Known Universe. :s0001:

:s0033:He's getting elected for a fourth time mostly by one County.

I certainly won't be voting for him and I know many who won't - just not enough to override the mindless liberals in Multco that keep putting people like him, Merkley and Wyden in office. To any liberal in this state that claims to support 2nd amendment rights, I hope they can look past the party line vote and instead vote for someone that won't look to take our rights away (or claim they had nothing to do with losing $250,000,000 in a botched healthcare rollout).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top