JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since we have a pro-gun list of businesses, it only makes sense to list the anti-gun businesses here in the Northwest. Same as the other list, post them here along with a small blurb about how or why they're anti-gun :s0155:

Pretty much all major businesses ..unfortunetly.i wish i could open carry and not have a "concerned" citizen call 911..have beaverton police come and put me on the ground and run my guns which came up clean...and even after i showed them ID, CCW, DPPST card, still acting like douche bags and treating me like a criminal..nwei back to the question//

WAL-MART (82nd) - asked to leave

All Safeway's - asked to leave

Fred Meyer - had people lookin at me like i was bin laden

THis country is going soft..and we, gun owners and The U.S Constitution's(what's left of it) supporters are being treated like criminals..HAVE A NICE DAY

Pizzacato on Division and 60th.

Was sitting at an outside table with friends and had a breeze blow my overshirt up. A fellow patron saw my carry piece and tattled. I was asked to leave and not come back, ever. This included the group of 5 others I was with.

Walmart, this was a reply I recieved in answer to my question about the video taping of all gun purchases/transactions.

Wal-Mart understands it's role as a leading,responsible retailer in the U.S. and is making strides to strengthen its already existing security processes to help combat illegal gun activity in the communities we serve. Wal-Mart has a long and proud history of offering the products hunters and outdoorsmen want and need and that will not change.

It is important to note that these procedures should not impede law-abiding citizens from purchasing firearms at our stores that sell them. These processes merely provide us , as a retailer , an additional mechanism to assist law enforcement when illegal activity occurs.

We are hopeful these enhanced processes with help from law enforcement and other retailers commiting to do the same can make a positive difference in our communities.

Thank you Wal-Mart customer relations.

Needless to say my reponse was have a nice day and I and all my friends will no longer be customers. Just about everyone I show their response to decides they can shop elsewhere.

There's a start to the list!

Pizzacato on Division and 60th.

I'd be more than happy to up keep a list if someone wants to sticky it. I would start a post and go through and make entry's as they are posted by members.

Don't ask of make an issue of it.
I just carry. I don't look for postings.
Retail managers and workers do not have time to analyze if someone is carrying a weapon.
I can't imagine them confronting someone over possible weapon possession.
If ever queried, just say you did not see the sign. The worse that will happen is that they will ask you to leave.
They do not want a scene.

I am all for businesses allowing guns and I was thinking about some of the ones that don't. I think a lot of it might be because of libility. Just imagine about being in Home Depot like pilot was and something happed? I don't know what maybe somebody took his gun and committed suicide or shot somebody in self-defense. Who knows what could happen but I bet this Home Depot would be sued for liability for millions. I don't go to places that don't allow weapons so don't think I agree with businesses that don't allow weapons. This is just a thought.

Suggestion: Please include the name of the establishment and as much of the address as possible (street name isn't much good to some of us unless there's a town name) at the beginning of your post.

Is this a "black" list? Just because a business does not want weapons inside their shop, means we all stop shopping there? Whats next?

This is about withholding my consumer dollars from businesses that have policies I don't agree with. Some call it a "black list" and others refer to it as "capitalism" and "free market" where I decide whom to support with my hard-earned money.

Any business is free to enact a "no firearms" policy just as I'm free to shop elsewhere if I don't like it. I'm also free to coordinate with others in this manner. If there are enough people who feel the same way, then the policy will change or the business won't survive. If not, then our efforts will have little or no impact.

This is about as democratic of a process as one could ask for.

Keiths doesn't allow loaded firearms within the store, except for uniformed LEO. I wouldn't call them an "Anti-Gun Business". IMO there has to be more than just not wanting loaded guns (or open carry) on premises to establish an Anti-Gun position.

This isn't Wal-marts usual position unless it's changed in the past few months. I was reading about it on opencarry.org and their official policy is to allow whatever the state laws allow. Unfortunately, you may have to educate the local manager about the corporate policy.:(

If we all stopped using and buying every product and service that was anti-gun, we'd be in for a large and most unpleasant surprise. Posting a list of offending businesses would be out of the question, given the limits of time and space, but here's a link that will give you a good idea of what we're up against:

<broken link removed>

So--How do we deal with malls? Last time I checked Lancaster Mall in
Salem had "no weapons" stickers on the entry doors. That's mall
policy, and may not reflect the policy of the tenant stores. So far
my reaction has been to ignore the sign. I figure the worst they can
do is ask me to leave--and I'm sure not going to tell them I'm carrying concealed.

Remember when there was a Anderson's Sporting Goods outlet inside
Lancaster Mall with a case full of handguns? Times change.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top