JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
19 year summary of American homicide by race, courtesy of CDC:

View attachment 881620

Thoughts:
1 - There is an obvious problem in the black community, but too many Americans prefer political correctness and feelz and racism propaganda over truth , so we aren't having a conversation that obviously needs to be had.

2 - America pioneered legislated unconditional equality for all persons on planet earth. See the 1960's and later. Discrimination is illegal here. Affirmative action programs give competitive advantages to any non-white person willing to apply for college or a job or a promotion. If you aren't white and you compete against a better-qualified white person for college admission or a job or a promotion, you will win. Nuts. A recipe for failure.

3 - The entitlement system locks "victims of inequality" into a life of economic servitude. All colors.

4 - With few exceptions, murder rates are higher in armed societies. IMO, this is because people are hard to kill unless you have a gun, and then they are easy to kill. BUT, if you remove guns from a murderous society, that doesn't mean citizens in that society will stop killing each other. The murder rate will probably go down some because it gets harder to kill people, but the black market will meet demand for criminal guns just like it does for criminal drugs. And, law-abiding citizens will be less able to defend themselves, so criminals will have freer reign. And, the non-firearm murder rate will almost certainly go up. As the graphic above shows, the non-firearm murder rate among some groups is already quite high; higher than the combined firearm & non-firearm murder rate in other groups.

Is it hard to imagine that the rate of non-firearm murders in America would increase if guns or ammunition vanished overnight?

After last year, are we to expect that law enforcement agencies will keep law-abiding citizens safe from criminals with black market guns after all other guns get banned?

Graphic source: https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/fatal.html . Use the upper right box: Fatal Injury Data Visualization Compare.

America is a mixed race society. It is extremely unlikely that that will ever change.
Racism is a problem in America, in all directions.
Presently the spotlight is too narrowly focused, and pointed in the wrong direction.

I can't think of very many neighborhoods or communities in America where black people could expect to be accosted or assaulted by white people for simply being in the "wrong place", but every major city in America has hoods where white people can definitely expect to be accosted or assaulted just for being there. Say again, who is racist?

Racism is not a white-only problem. It's not a black-only, brown-only, asian-only, or any other "race"-only problem.

It's a people problem, and it won't go away until we confront obvious truths and stop entertaining lies about victimhood and start applying common sense to society-wide changes. We need to cut the crap. America is not going survive much longer on its present path.

IMO.
And despite those murders, we do not have background checks on hammers and knives.

As a side note, baseball bats (blunt object) are used more often than rifles to commit murders in the USA...

Last Edited:
As a side note, baseball bats (blunt object) are used more often than rifles to commit murders in the USA...

baseball bats are cheaper than ammo

Firearms increase the lethality of violence overall, so I'd say we'd expect the number of knifings and other violence to go up to compensate and we would probably see a change downward in the homicide rate due to reduced lethality. I wouldn't expect much change in the level of violence or suicides.

That's really not the point.
I'm sure we're on the same page.

This thread is about gun-control laws that will purportedly prevent urban violence by tracking ammo. [rolleyes]

The point of my post was to confirm and support facts and commons sense shared by informed Americans:
guns and gun ownership do not cause violent crime and murder, and
gun control laws do nothing to prevent violent crime or murder.

The real causes of violent crime and murder are taboo topics for the left, and not successfully forwarded by the center or right because the center and right are unorganized.

The only effectively organized political faction in America right now is the left. That's why they always win.

Anyway, I agree with your comments. If all guns in America vanished overnight, the murder rate will probably go down a little bit because of the convenience factor, but it wouldn't go down much, because we are a senselessly divided people and therefore angry and violent, and because as a society we have a high tolerance for crime and violence.

I also agree with your suicide comments.

SucidevGunOwnership.jpg

N.S.R = national suicide rate per 100,000.

C.G.O. = Civilian Gun Ownership rate in guns per 100 persons, source Small Arms Survey.

The SAS isn't the most reputed source available because it's authors promote anti-gun policies, but it's numbers match or confirm other available data, and it is fun to use anti-gun propaganda to undermine the anti-gun establishment.

Anyway, clearly, there is no link between civilian gun ownership and national suicide rates. If large numbers of your citizens want to kill themselves, they will do it with or without guns.

As always, the underlying problem is not the right of law-abiding sane healthy people to keep and bear arms.

The underlying problem and its causes are always something other than the rkba.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but one more comment on suicide:

In order to succeed, self-governed societies have to find and use a reliable basis for guiding public policy.

Such as fact and truth and logic.

Failure occurs when a society chooses to govern itself on the basis of irrational personal opinion and lies.
Failure occurs when a society chooses to govern itself according to the margins of human behavior rather than the norms.

Suicide should be irrelevant to public policy.

Why should a society plan and build its future by accommodating the needs of people who would rather kill themselves than plan and build for their own future?

yada yada. :rolleyes:

my 2 cents

Anyway, I agree with your comments. If all guns in America vanished overnight, the murder rate will probably go down a little bit because of the convenience factor, but it wouldn't go down much, because we are a senselessly divided people and therefore angry and violent, and because as a society we have a high tolerance for crime and violence.
I generally agree.

The other effect would be the undoing of the Sam Colt doctrine, where the young, strong, many, and so on are more readily able to victimize those who were made more equal (in terms of application of force) by the ownership of firearms. This is a point seldom made.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but one more comment on suicide:

In order to succeed, self-governed societies have to find and use a reliable basis for guiding public policy.

Such as fact and truth and logic.

Failure occurs when a society chooses to govern itself on the basis of irrational personal opinion and lies.
Failure occurs when a society chooses to govern itself according to the margins of human behavior rather than the norms.

Suicide should be irrelevant to public policy.

Why should a society plan and build its future by accommodating the needs of people who would rather kill themselves than plan and build for their own future?

yada yada. :rolleyes:

my 2 cents
I would rather see resources used to prevent murders of people who want to live rather than preventing suicides of people who don't want to live. If you have unlimited resources great, if not focus on the murders. But I don't want solutions for either problem to infringe on the 2A.

I generally agree.

The other effect would be the undoing of the Sam Colt doctrine, where the young, strong, many, and so on are more readily able to victimize those who were made more equal (in terms of application of force) by the ownership of firearms. This is a point seldom made.
Possibly because some of us (well, me for one) have NEVER heard the doctrine recited in such a manner.

"God did not create all men equal, Samuel Colt did."

Almost sounds pro-gun, don't it?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top