Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anti Firearm / Anti Hunting Billboard in Columbia County, Oregon

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by M67, Dec 31, 2013.

1. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

I photographed this billboard near my home on 12-29-13

This is a Anti Firearm / Anti Hunting statement, disguised as some kind of a PSA. Nothing in it is factual at all. Citizens are much safer in the woods, than in cities. The forest land in Columbia County, Oregon is well over 90% owned by timber companies, so it is up to the land owners to decide what happens on their property. Hikers, bikers and nature study combined, do not provide a fraction of the money to the economy, ODFW or the State of Oregon, that hunters and fishermen do. And since it is all false, they do not provide a link to any data supporting these claims or even put a name of who paid for it on the billboard.

1-005_zpse3cfc0dc.jpg

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

hmmm... wonder if one could file suit for false advertising. The question is who paid for it?

3. DAPSRT

DAPSRT Dallas, Or Active Member

What data from the state are they referring to anyway? I don't see data...just a load of huggy-feely!

4. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

Everyone in our local area is trying to figure out who paid for the billboard and why they did not have a proof reader look it over first.

I sent it to Oregon Firearms Federation and it is on there site on FB. Please feel free to send this to every firearms group you can think of.

Thank you-

M67

5. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.