JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to report the velcro anti-corrosion bags (Zcorr, now re-branded as Blueguard) work quite well. I've had some inert chunks of metal in a bag this last year in tropical environment (and by tropical I mean I've had mold grow on leather, particle board and cast iron) and the metal is pristine.

All with only a velcro closure and no O2 absorbing or moisture absorbing packets inside. Quite impressed:

Velcro® Seal Bags

says up to 20 years of protection if not opened regularly.

400 Rounds 5.56 IMG_20180428_172721.jpg IMG_20180428_172710.jpg IMG_20180428_172623.jpg MVIMG_20180428_172544.jpg

These food saver things are great I even used it to pack clothes you put two or three tee shirts in a bag or what ever and it sucks it down to nothing you can pack a lot of clothes in a bag

Corrosion, tropical, rust....

What are three words a desert rat has no understanding of.

Good stuff though, thanks for passing it along!

If you want to store stuff for a long time even in the desert these food saver things are awesome you can put anything in them as long as it's not Sharp to poke a hole in the bag

Just wanted to report the velcro anti-corrosion bags (Zcorr, now re-branded as Blueguard) work quite well. I've had some inert chunks of metal in a bag this last year in tropical environment (and by tropical I mean I've had mold grow on leather, particle board and cast iron) and the metal is pristine.

All with only a velcro closure and no O2 absorbing or moisture absorbing packets inside. Quite impressed:

Velcro® Seal Bags

says up to 20 years of protection if not opened regularly.

So you could, for example, put some inert metal in a bag, seal it in, say PVC or ABS pipe, and then bury it until, hypothetically, your state regains its sanity regarding inert metal and it would still be OK when you dug it back up?

So you could, for example, put some inert metal in a bag, seal it in, say PVC or ABS pipe, and then bury it until, hypothetically, your state regains its sanity regarding inert metal and it would still be OK when you dug it back up?

I was considering a monovault ( www.monovault.com ) but they are pretty expensive and a large PVC pipe with caps glued on should be watertight. Just hacksaw off the end when needed. It would make a pretty good survival cache.

If it was for long term burial I'd probably just use multiple items. These guys make a vacuum bag, probably seal that is a larger bag with some descant and then that goes in the PVC

Nope the thing SUCKS out all the air I guess if I wanted to I could put those it there but I just use it so my ammo is not rolling around the can. HEHEE I'll have to look into that
I tried to seal. Stuff and I always get air that later shows up in it. I must poke holes in it. I seen a guy seal collectible pistols in the Mylar bags it worked good for him . . It would be great if it was 100 % dry when sealed.

I tried to seal. Stuff and I always get air that later shows up in it. I must poke holes in it. I seen a guy seal collectible pistols in the Mylar bags it worked good for him . . It would be great if it was 100 % dry when sealed.
I have some that it won't suck all the air out but others it is air tight all it takes is a pin hole

Good to know.

I also have some Rigs preservative gun grease.

I have some mortar charge tubes that are the right size - wish I could find more of those, I have been searching for years. Wish I had bought more when I first saw them at a gun show.

3 year update. I pulled my upper out of the Bluguard bag and it is about 98% good. There was some very slight surface rust on the outer barrel which wiped off easily with no pitting. no rust inside the barrel.

Considering the humidity here I'd still consider this pretty good for a velcro bag. I had an extra bag so I just replaced it since this is the first time seeing some rust.

Last Edited:
Year 4 update. zero rust on anything this year after another year in the bluguard bags. in comparison, some of my metal tools in a pelican box are rusting even with a humidity absorber in the box. Old fashion way of black oxide coating though. Just remove the surface rust with 0000 steel wool and what is left is black oxide.

Man the humidity has been bad the last month. Mold grows on my leather belt every weekend because I dont wear it for 2 days in a row. On the nice side, I dont ever iron anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top