JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would think being car jacked would probably be one of the worst things that can happen to a person in their car. I already told a story earlier where I had a guy at my drivers side window with his fist cocked back about to punch me in my face. A device like this could come in hand in these types of situations. I already got half of what is needed.

542040_428673943820682_1868631367_n.jpg

Back when I was in highschool, I wanted to make a lethal car security systems company. I failed myself and society in general when I didn't follow through with it, but the motto of the company would of been "Because your car, is worth more than their lives..."

It looks handy but I wouldn't want to leave there when I exit the car. That means handling it each time you get in and out. More chances for an accident or a MWAG call. An IWB holster, properly worn, would be almost as fast and way less disconcerting to the next officer who pulls you over for having a taillight out. I'm gonna have to go with the flamethrower. :D

The flamethrower is nice but I remember reading about a rival company in South Africa about the same time - they had a pair of buttons that would deploy a "switchblade" action machete from under either door - essentially chopping them off at the ankles - if you think about it its much harder for them to shoot at you effectively if they are lying on the ground bleeding out, unable to get back up than if they were lightly singed and still standing... Probably a legal nightmare if you ever used it - or worse yet accidentally slashed or burned someone. If legality wasn't an issue I vote for a claymore type device instead - much better range if they are standing 5' away from the car :s0112:

I think the holster shown in the OP is a really bad idea. First, your gun should stay on your person, where it remains in your control. What if you really need to jump out of your car quickly for whatever reason? Are you going to leave a loaded, unsecured weapon in your vehicle, where anyone can look in and see it, smash the driver's window and grab it? And if you jumped out to help someone, and suddenly you need your weapon, it is back in the car. You can draw it and stuff it in your waistband as you exit the vehicle, I suppose, but that is hardly an optimum solution. People may see you with the weapon and get the wrong idea, and the weapon would obviously not be secure if you had to engage in any kind of vigorous physical movement.

And there is another big problem. You would have to lean forward to reach and draw, totally exposing your head and the back of your neck to anyone standing at or near the driver's window. For concealed carry, I have a Glock 27 on my right side, behind the hip. I am essentially sitting on the Glock, so I would have the same difficulty; having to lean forward, exposing head and neck, in order to draw it. But I also carry a Ruger LCP in a slide holster on the left side front of my belt, in right-hand crossdraw position where I can easily reach for and draw it without having to move. The little Ruger easily conceals beneath a jacket or untucked shirt. Just make sure you do not put your seatbelt on over the bottom of the shirt or jacket. Pull out the bottom of the garment so the crossdraw pistol remains accessible. That is far better than a gimmicky car holster.

I usually just leave my pistola on the passenger seat or if I have people riding with me I keep it on the dash and when I park the car it goes under the seat or in the side pocket of the door.

I believe I spent a total of $17 making this. Picked up a generic holster from ABG (Corvallis Guns), one with an extra mag pouch, then some strap from Home Depot. Double lashed it and has one screw to hold center and lock everything in place. Went around the plastic outer (obviously) but I also went around my metal dash supports. I could probably tow a car off of this.

It is impossible to see from the outside (blacked out windows) and even with windows down it's hard to tell because of location. Installed on my 99 Yukon.

As mentioned in a post or two above about grabbing and leaning forward or needing to jump out of the vehicle: When I am taking a LONG ride in the car it goes in here for comfort. Short trips around town it never gets put in there. It's easy enough though to pull from there, stuff in holster and not to be made to look like I'm doing anything odd while exiting the vehicle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top