JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That would be Michigan Congressman John Conyers (D) (who's wife is doing time for bribery BTW), his aide has a concealed carry license even though guns are evil.

So Conyers office manager Betty Petrenz walks right into a Detroit Federal courthouse with that pistol in her purse.

'Opps, sorry, but I'm a good liberal and those laws we pass are for other people, not us. So you can just let me go with a warning right?'

'Yes ma'am, have a nice day.'

Studies have shown that politicians are right in there with serial killers in the sociopath category so say a selfish, manipulative asshat decides to run for office, which party should a smart sociopath join? I'd join the party (which includes almost all of the media) that rallies around you no matter what you do or how hypocritical it is. Heck you can kill and rape, sell ICBM launching technology to the Chinese AND give em the supercomputers to crunch the numbers as a free (yes, free) bonus. Maybe that's why they call the Rs the dumb party, only dumb sociopaths like McCain join them.

When I lived in Birmingham in the 80s I asked my bud "How does George Wallace get the black vote?" He said people with nothing will vote for whoever promises them the most. I said "Yeah, but George Wallace!!??" He just shrugged, crooked people deserve the crooked government they vote for.

The story.
<broken link removed>

A staffer for Michigan Congressman John Conyers (D) was arrested for bringing a concealed gun into a federal courthouse in Detroit but faced little by way of sanction or punishment as a result.

Rep. John Conyers' office manager, Betty Petrenz, had the pistol in her purse as she entered the building; she told police that she simply forgot she had it in there.

Petrenz faced no prosecution and was given what one prosecutor called "a gift" as a penalty. She received a ticket for having a gun on federal property and got what is called "pretrial diversion," a sentence that involves neither jail time nor a fine. It merely requires the person to be on good behavior for a specified period of time, after which the ticket is dismissed.

Tresa Baldas of the Detroit Free Press found that three other people who also accidentally brought their guns into the courthouse were treated a bit differently.

One, a clerk of the court, was fired for having her firearm in her purse. A law clerk for U.S. District Judge Avern Cohn agreed to resign his position to avoid further prosecution. A third, a real estate agent at the court for a divorce preceding, was actually prosecuted for the incident.

All four, including the Conyers staffer, had permits to carry.

Baldas's report reveals that all the individuals who were members of the government or had government-related jobs avoided prosecution, whereas the regular citizen immediately faced prosecution.

Neither the Conyers staffer nor the Representative's office issued a comment on the incident.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top