JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bourdain has morphed into a pathetic Hollywood cheesedick from a once interesting and pithy personality. I stopped watching him years ago.

I was a full time Knifemaker for 14 years and a member of the Knifemakers Guild.

Please understand about 1/3 of everything a knifemaker and especially "Bladesmiths" tell you is Bubblegum.

as evidence of my point of view go here:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=197184

just a few of the 2500 knives I made.

I made my last knife to sell in Sept of 1996 Please don't ask I do not make them anymore.

I was a full time Knifemaker for 14 years and a member of the Knifemakers Guild.

Please understand about 1/3 of everything a knifemaker and especially "Bladesmiths" tell you is Bubblegum.

as evidence of my point of view go here:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=197184

just a few of the 2500 knives I made.

I made my last knife to sell in Sept of 1996 Please don't ask I do not make them anymore.
I had dreams of being a Bladesmith when I was a teen.:s0004: That is cool how you had that experience.:s0083: 2,500 knives, that's a lot. :s0069:

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-1024x1280.jpg

Bourdain has morphed into a pathetic Hollywood cheesedick from a once interesting and pithy personality. I stopped watching him years ago.

But he did somehow get his own show showing him eat food around the world while getting drunk and high.
Great family programming.
I can't stand him. Andrew Zimmer is okay, but you can tell he's a hollywood sissy pants.

and Zimmern? he eats dick&balls a lot. One episode he dined on a stew made with the joysticks and balls from 9 different animals......tasty.

My god man- I come on here to see about knives, end up reading about joystick stew! Freaking hilarious! No wonder this is my go to website.

Stopped laughing long enough to watch the vid- interesting. I never got the knack for putting a good edge on a blade. More practice needed.

I just bought a set of Shun Soras.... their "entry" line, and still set me back hundreds. Definitely the nicest kitchen knives I've ever laid hands on. In doing my research on what I wanted in a chef knife/knife set, I learned all about forging techniques, steels, grinds, etc... I'm certainly no expert from a couple afternoons reading articles on the internet, but I did come to the unexpected conclusion that I did NOT want to drop over $1000 on a block set. The value bell-curve drops off sharply at around $400-500.... you're paying for gimmick after that.

If you want an etched damascus knive folded from meteorite, you can have one. Just don't fool yourself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top