JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He must not have liked the neighbor.
Or is one for the wife, the other for the mistress?
He does have a second plane for his dogs and nannies. In his first divorce proceedings which were released to the public, he ripped a bedpost off of a bed in a fancy Paris hotel when his wife said that Chicago was not sophisticated like Paris.

This guy is a hoot. Except for the fact that if anyone has ever invested, has a retirement account or pension, that this guy and his market maker (Citadel) has stolen from you. He makes Bernie Madoff look like saint. Actually Bernie Madoff invented the process (Payment for Order Flow) that Ken Griffin uses to steal from everyone.

But I digress

How_Dare_You.gif

Aloha, Mark

ME....I wouldn't be so happy about sea levels rising.

Especially since.....the current rich people (who own a lot of beachfront properties) will probably be given FREE MONEY (from the taxpayers) to make up for their losses.

Rrrrrright......
Just like taking out a student loan and NOT having to pay it back.
Or with govt. loans to re-build again and again (on the same property) after damage due to a flood or hurricane.

Yeah......OK, sometimes it works and sometimes it's just a BAD BET. Don't get me wrong because I see rebuilding after Tornado Damage as a "better bet". LOL.

Aloha, Mark

It may have hit 117 degrees in the asphalt-covered areas, but the reports I have from sources in the rural Willamette Valley indicate highs just over 100, which was consistent back into the mid-20th century. My sources have surrounding conditions that have not changed over the years.

To put it another way, the change in conditions near the reporting area results in an increase in the reported temperature. Not to mention that reporting points for metropolitan areas are generally at airports (starting in mid-century), which are hotter because of expanses of asphalt and concrete that have no vegetation or shade.

The news media love this because it plays into the Global Warming/Climate Change message.
Oh for dog's sake, it was stupid hot, and I don't care where you were. If I agree to saying it was 115 will that make you feel better? Anyone can't see climate is changing and doesn't think nearly 124 BILLION gallons of gas* burnt in the US every year has no effect on that is being willfully ignorant - probably because climate change is now a political thing.

* that's just gas, not coal and other pollutants

So according to globalchange.gov ...
Screenshot_20211015-131307_Chrome.jpg
So a 2 degree increase in 120 years. Okay, but what is the ave temp in Oregon? I have looked at a number of sites, with ave Oregon temps ranging from 51 to 55. So is the 2 degree increase (according to .gov....) within the actual margin of error?
Would it be fair to guess that in 1900, the ave Oregon temp was 52, and now it is 54? Is this why our forests burn down and our water is disappearing?
I have done similar looking into the ave snowpack on Mt. Hood. Looking for a crisis, I can't seem to find one.
Now this is all assuming that the 2 degree number crunched by .gov funded scientists is an acurrate number. Personally, I feel that number is massaged thoroughly to make it as large as possible- 2. Two.
I am obviously missing something really important, because the above makes this whole climate change debate look really dumb.

Oh for dog's sake, it was stupid hot, and I don't care where you were. If I agree to saying it was 115 will that make you feel better? Anyone can't see climate is changing and doesn't think nearly 124 BILLION gallons of gas* burnt in the US every year has no effect on that is being willfully ignorant - probably because climate change is now a political thing.

* that's just gas, not coal and other pollutants
I didn't see your post as I was posting. I really hate the post-a-link thing, but what info are you looking at? I am using the actual numbers the gov is feeding us, as a worst case scenario, and I am not seeing the crisis.

Vineyards are pulling heritage plants because they no longer produce quality wines due to heat. The entire state is in some manner of drought. Many species of conifers are dying off in the Willamette Valley due to heat. Entire parts of the ocean off our coast are now dead zones. Record temps off the charts in June resulting in row crop losses. Epic wildfires. I kinda am seeing some sort of crisis.

Vineyards are pulling heritage plants because they no longer produce quality wines due to heat. The entire state is in some manner of drought. Many species of conifers are dying off in the Willamette Valley due to heat. Entire parts of the ocean off our coast are now dead zones. Record temps off the charts in June resulting in row crop losses. Epic wildfires. I kinda am seeing some sort of crisis.
Well, like I said, I am using the gov supplied numbers, which I feel are already inflated, and even at that- it does not add up. Think about the fraction of 1 degree over your lifetime.....does that really explain the issues in your post? No grapes, dead trees, ocean dead zones, epic wildfires.....my mother's front yard grew amazing grapes this year, with zero maint. All variety of trees on my property growing faster than I can cut and trim them. I guess it is just a matter of agreeing to disagree. Thanks for the discussion Hop.

Well, like I said, I am using the gov supplied numbers, which I feel are already inflated, and even at that- it does not add up. Think about the fraction of 1 degree over your lifetime.....does that really explain the issues in your post? No grapes, dead trees, ocean dead zones, epic wildfires.....my mother's front yard grew amazing grapes this year, with zero maint. All variety of trees on my property growing faster than I can cut and trim them. I guess it is just a matter of agreeing to disagree. Thanks for the discussion Hop.
And thank you, good sir!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads