JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking for a Remington 700 Muzzleloader for my brother. They are very expensive these days and sellers rarely show pictures of areas that may be corroded from lack of proper cleaning. When I ask questions like, "What condition is the bore?" I get answers like this that are meaningless or no answer at all.

Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #919776301 (Do not remove MsgId: HJmg0dDoY<F>)2
Yahoo/Inbox

• 23mike32 <[email protected]>

Mon, Dec 27 at 10:07 AM

Bore is clean, ran a brush down, nothing came out.

My experience with GB sellers is if they dont answer my questions I move on. I cant afford to play games. In honesty though it is always a bit of a gamble - this is where feedback comes in handy,

Last Edited:
Buying a used modern cartridge gun on gb is fraught with uncertainties and a used ml firearm even more so. Trust your instincts. If I may ask what is the purpose of your brother wanting this specific ml?

Buying a used modern cartridge gun on gb is fraught with uncertainties and a used ml firearm even more so. Trust your instincts. If I may ask what is the purpose of your brother wanting this specific ml?
I hunt Elk with a Remington 700 black powder muzzleloader. This rifle is very accurate and deadly. My brother has never hunted until this year and I took him Elk hunting. He used my rifle because I didn't have a tag and now he wants one. This is him in the picture. I had him practice a lot before the season opened.

dons elk 2021.jpg

If you are using the Remington 700 Blackpowder in a Regular season hunt OK if your using it during a muzzle loading hunt your using an illegal firearm.

Oregon's muzzleloader laws are straightforward and in line with most other western states where:

• Scopes and sights that use artificial light or energy are prohibited except for visually impaired hunters where a permit is required for use. Open and peep sights that are made of alloys, plastic or other materials that do not have any of the above properties are legal. The use of fluorescent paint and fiber optics on these sights is allowed.
  • It is illegal to hunt with jacketed bullets, sabots and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases or tips.
  • Allowable projectiles include round balls made of lead, lead-alloy or federally approved non-toxic shot material used with cloth, felt, or paper patches. Conicals made of lead or lead alloy may be used, but the length of the bullet may not exceed twice the diameter. Lead-free conical bullets may also be used providing their length does not exceed twice the diameter.
  • The use of 209 shotgun primers is prohibited as an ignition source and the ignition itself must be open to the elements.
  • Pelletized powders are prohibited. Loose granular black powder or black powder substitutes are legal.
  • Muzzleloaders with revolving actions are prohibited.

The key thing here is OPEN IGNITION the model 700 is a closed ignition

If you are using the Remington 700 Blackpowder in a Regular season hunt OK if your using it during a muzzle loading hunt your using an illegal firearm.

Oregon's muzzleloader laws are straightforward and in line with most other western states where:

• Scopes and sights that use artificial light or energy are prohibited except for visually impaired hunters where a permit is required for use. Open and peep sights that are made of alloys, plastic or other materials that do not have any of the above properties are legal. The use of fluorescent paint and fiber optics on these sights is allowed.
  • It is illegal to hunt with jacketed bullets, sabots and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases or tips.
  • Allowable projectiles include round balls made of lead, lead-alloy or federally approved non-toxic shot material used with cloth, felt, or paper patches. Conicals made of lead or lead alloy may be used, but the length of the bullet may not exceed twice the diameter. Lead-free conical bullets may also be used providing their length does not exceed twice the diameter.
  • The use of 209 shotgun primers is prohibited as an ignition source and the ignition itself must be open to the elements.
  • Pelletized powders are prohibited. Loose granular black powder or black powder substitutes are legal.
  • Muzzleloaders with revolving actions are prohibited.

The key thing here is OPEN IGNITION the model 700 is a closed ignition
Have you ever looked at one? The cap is completely exposed.

MY Muzzleloader.jpg

Last Edited:
I hunt Elk with a Remington 700 black powder muzzleloader. This rifle is very accurate and deadly. My brother has never hunted until this year and I took him Elk hunting. He used my rifle because I didn't have a tag and now he wants one. This is him in the picture. I had him practice a lot before the season opened.

View attachment 1096186
Your brother has a "surprised" look on his face…. LOL!

In that case never mind I was going off the photos I have seen of them on line. like this photo at Remingtons site

But now looking closer it appears the model 700 you are talking about with a nipple and a cap is not what they are selling now which appears to have a completely different type of closed ignition.
They quit making this model years ago

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top