JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10-4..... The compensated or "C" has a ported barrel... cool to shoot at night...

True that. But not so cool for your night vision...

I can see using a comp on a longslide "gamer gun" shooting major power factor loads, but on a G19? I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but the "C" Glocks seem like a gimmick to me to try to sell guns to recoil-shy buyers.

I agree it kills your night vision real fast just think of a small camera flash in your eyes during early morning and late evening shooting.

I will admit it is cool as heck to watch.

I have shot the 19 and 19c, 17 and 17c as well as the 21 and 21c and did not see any real difference in my second shot speed or target acquisition. It has been a while ago that I had or shot these do the even still offer them in 9mm. I still see the 45 offered from time to time.

I have a friend that is a class 3 dealer with both an 18 and 18c and in full auto it is noticeable. The 18c is much more controllable.

I own a 34 but never found any one with a 34c to see if it was any better.

Yes I am a Glock Fan the 19 is my favorite and the 34 for competition.

I close my eyes when I pull the trigger anyway, LOL KIDDING!!!

I am a little recoil shy, I admit. I'm not a big girl (5'2"). At the glockstore (about the only place I can find them in stock) they will install the tungsten guide rod when you purchase it before it ships. I'm thinking that may be enough. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the info, guys.

I close my eyes when I pull the trigger anyway, LOL KIDDING!!!

I am a little recoil shy, I admit. I'm not a big girl (5'2"). At the glockstore (about the only place I can find them in stock) they will install the tungsten guide rod when you purchase it before it ships. I'm thinking that may be enough. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the info, guys.

the G19 shouldn't kick that much. A solid Weaver grip/stance should tame any recoil. I know girls that shoot the Glock .40 with little problems.

I've shot it before, so I know what I'm getting into. I really like how it feels in my hands and it's easy to break down and clean. I need my husband to help with the hi-standard breakdown and I want to be able to do it on my own with my main weapon. So that was a selling point for me. I also shot the .40 and it was just too much for me. I didn't even go through two full magazines before I handed it off to my dad to finish off the ammo. I'm working on more upper body strength, but I'm not getting any younger, either. I'm thinking the tungsten rod should be enough. I don't want to risk not being able to see movement (and who is moving) in my house or outside at night.

Hey Angie,

I recommend trying the stock gun before monkeying with aftermarket guide rods. I would spend the money on training. A good stance and grip can do a lot for recoil control. My skinny 12 year old daughter shoots USPSA with a stock Gen 4 Glock 17. In the images below you can see her gun rise quite a bit during recoil but with a good stance and grip, she gets it back on target just as the target starts to fall.

Untitled1.jpg Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg Untitled4.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

I'm in the market for a 19 too and am not sure if I want a comped model or not. If you have tritium sights does the blast dirty up the front sight?
I had a gen 2 19 in the past and loved it. Accurate, soft recoil, just plain fun to shoot. If the comped models do reduce muzzle rise that would be a nice bonus for quicker follow up shots. It would obviously be a very bad thing in a carjacking situation where you had to shoot across the driver or passenger to hit someone outside the window but sounds like a fun range gun for blasting targets quickly and accurately.

glock-19c-9mm-gen3-15rd-magazine-fixed-sights-compensated-800x534.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads