JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted a 99% rifle with box and a national audience to find the right buyer. That's about as good as it gets.
This gun would probably be a $600 rifle here if sold in our ''Rifles for sale'' section.

And that's a bit less than $1000.
That rifle has been in my life for as long as I can remember. Where I am from no one knew what that was, I finally ran across a 164 pic last night and said bingo, But it took some looking, It goes right back where its has always been, semi use, Thanks for the reply

The amount its worth, depends on what the future holds.
If you might sell it, then as mint as possible would be sound advice.

But if you are keeping it, why let it it another 50+ years in a safe doing nothing.
well I don't have that long i am 42. We collected a ton of guns over the years but he had that one as long as i can remember but I just got numb to it being around and never paid it any mind, I hardly pick up 22 rifles. But now I now the history of it finally,

I posted a 99% rifle with box and a national audience to find the right buyer. That's about as good as it gets.
This gun would probably be a $600 rifle here if sold in our ''Rifles for sale'' section.

And that's a bit less than $1000.
500 was my safe bet. Nice to know the history now. Thanks for answering me

To my eye it looks like a Savage imported Anschutz 164...If it was mine I'd shoot and hunt with it.
I know that they are uncommon and can be pricey , depending on just who is selling the rifle...but they were meant to shoot after all.

Speaking only for myself , marks of use , be it a loss of bluing or a ding in the stock really don't bother me...neglect and abuse is another matter altogether...
Andy
yeah, we are similar I carry a Colt original 70 GCNM. What good is it sticking in the fake wood grain box?

thank you, it is nice to finally hear from some knowledgeable people on the 22. My dad and I collected a bunch of firearms over the years. I am 42 and my post made it sound like I was a kid with my first red ryder bb gun. I just needed the history and model. thanks for the reply

Savage Was involved with Anschutz for a number of years, Partially before Anschutz became a GMBh ( Nationalized) and partly to help Savage regain some of it's market it has lost due to a number of reasons! The collaboration between the two led to some very nice and unique .22 rifles from them and marked by Savage, including the remarkable Savage MK-II series ( which is a Anschtz Mod 64) as well as the Savage/Anchutz Mod 512 semi auto cross bolt tube fed .22! I would say the value would be in the $600+ range and that will only climb as fewer Anshutz rifles get imported to the states and the Exchange rate continues to climb! Look at what a Mod 64 or a Mod 54 goes for now, both highly sought after rifles!
868ed5818bfe18f97ac4b56704901f93.jpg

thank you, it is nice to finally hear from some knowledgeable people on the 22. My dad and I collected a bunch of firearms over the years. I am 42 and my post made it sound like I was a kid with my first red ryder bb gun. I just needed the history and model. thanks for the reply

Apologies for giving away far too much information. I'll be sure to remember that for the next time you ask anything on a forum that's filled with people who know an awful lot about guns. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top