JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems like a huge mark down. I've never cooked with one but know a little.
I paid $100 for mine on sale, they usually run $120 and up. I've just cooked steak, pork and chicken with mine but you can cook all kinds of stuff with it. Any of the above comes out amazing though if you have the time. Never been a big fan of tri tip as opposed to rib eye, etc, but picked some up for Memorial Day. Grilled one on the Weber and it was just OK. Seasoned and vac sealed one the next day and tossed it in the Anova for 3 hrs. HOLY CRAP THATS GOOD!!! Went back to Costco yesterday and stocked up on them. :)

How to Get Started With Sous Vide Cooking

The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Steak

I've been thinking about it for a while and this pushed me over the edge.

There were three on the shelf at the E. Vancouver store. Thanks Norwestr55!

20180601_100645cs.jpg

I use mine pretty regularly. vacuum seal a steak in a bag and immersion cook it at 129F for an hour. Take it out and sear each side on a skillet for 30 seconds. Perfectly cooked medium rare every time. Leave it in 2 hours and it is still perfect medium rare and even more tender.

My wife likes well done steaks (ugh, I know). So if I make them well done with this at least they do not come out like leather.

Make a huge batch of home made pickles with it as well:
Sous Vide Dill Pickles

You need a good vacuum bag sealer to go with it though (which everyone should have anyway to store their ammo :) )

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top