JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I fairly recently traded my Tanfo 10mm for a Springfield Armory High Cap 1911. Apparently, SA made 2 versions of this model, one a GI spec, the other a sort of hybrid, a Loaded frame, but with a GI spec slide, which is the one I have. I love the way this thing feels in my hand, the extra girth of the double stack frame really fits me well, I always found the standard 1911 frame a bit skinny for my hands. I was really hoping that this would turn out to be THE 1911 for me, but alas, not so much. I shoot it well, but I don't enjoy shooting it, not sure just what's going on, but after one mag, I'm more than happy to put it away and switch to something else. So rather than keep a gun I don't want to shoot, I'm going to be putting it up for trade for some other .45 ACP. Problem is, there just isn't that much info on what they're worth. Yeah, it's relatively rare, but that doesn't mean it's especially desirable or valuable. From what little info I've been able to find, value seems to fall somewhere from $700 to $1300. It's in good shape, nothing but normal wear for a pistol manufactured in 2001, and just got back from SA for a check-up and a new mag catch. I also have half a dozen mags for it, 4 are brand new, as well as a nice Blade-Tech OWB holster. Only 3, possibly 4, guns on my trade radar, first would be a Beretta PX4, then a Sig P220, maybe a standard 1911, or a Ruger Bisley in .45 ACP/.45 LC. So am I being reasonable, or am I hoping for too much? Thanks.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top