JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/24/justice/missouri-officer-involved-shooting/

So, I am wondering what people think? The media is spinning it off again as another victim of racial injustice. From what I am reading, it appears the officer was justified in the shoot. A teen that had 3 armed assaults on his record pointed a 9mm pistol at a police officer. The pistol also had its serial numbers filed off, making the possession of the gun alone, a felony.

The officer was responding to another call of theft and the entire incident was recorded. In the video you see the person pointing the gun at the police officer before he was shot.

Does anyone believe the shooting was justified or perhaps the officer could have handled the situation in a different way? Considering, how heated the situation is in this region and the negative media publicity the police have received in the area, should they have not just retreated or tried harder to convince the teen to drop the weapon?

There is another thread on Northwest Firearms that says the police should maybe stay home. Does anyone think we should just save our tax money and totally disband the police department in the St. Louis area? Perhaps, we can just let the local people of the region solve their issues themselves, since it appears that verdict is out that the St. Louis area police departments are committing criminal acts and unjustly executing its citizens based on race. All the lawsuits and reparations the department is facing and the time defending these officers will cost the taxpayers money.

At this point, I am really for letting the people in St. Louis and its surrounding suburbs to solve their problems on their own.

From what little I can see in the video, it looks like a justified shooting. As far as the media, they try to spin every story in order to get more people singing the race song and "protesting". That way they can cover it. More violence means more viewers.
I wouldn't hold it against any of the police officers if they did stay at home. From what I heard on the news, they are slowing their responses down and waiting for backup before responding to calls.

Looks like a good shoot to me. If you don't want to get shot, don't be walking up and pointing guns at cops, or anyone else for that matter. Had that been me getting robbed, I'd've painted his brains all over the parking lot, or died trying.

I expect that pretty much any minority being shot by a white (or white-ish) cop (especially one anywhere near Ferguson) to be a major media event.
The usual concerned citizens have already hit the streets yet again...

...Now, if I was the cynical sort (which I kinda am), I'd say demonstrators are now mainly out there because they want to pick up a couple of last minute items for under the tree, before the stores burn for the Holiday.
Li'l Latoyashequa wants a Barbie Dream Eldo with 24" spinners.

Black or white doesn't matter. Cop or not doesn't matter. Point that thing at me and I will shoot back as well.

Why the uproar? How impatient we are that we can't wait to hear and evaluate the facts. Why not an outpouring of praises to the officer for doing his job to serve and protect? Why not prayers that he (all law enforcement officers) be protected each and every minuet of every day?

And why not an uproar about how our kids are being raised and the values they are being taught?

It's so sad that so many people are so misled so far off.

I was taught if you point a gun at some you better be prepared to shoot or be shot.
I don't want any police to stay at home. They do so many things that we do not see to keep order. I f the police stay home do you no how much looting would be going on. It would be like that movie the purge. I wouldn't blame them if they did. What a thankless job. Then when they do defend themselves people riot and they don't even have the mayor of the city they serve stand behind them. That would make me want to walk off my job too.

Shoot all those mother bubbleguming "protesters" in the face.

Seriously.

What they're doing is in no way, shape or form "Protesting", "Peaceful" or "Public Assembly".. Its about Thugs looting, Gangsters murdering innocent bystanders and Damaging both public and private property for fun. They are animals.

They all have the (chosen) education and logic skills of kindergardeners, they are racist and violent.

They should be put down, all of them.

If you don't want to die, don't point guns at cops
This is how I feel, as well. The moment you point a firearm at another person, you become a threat, and should be dealt with as such.

I think this officer simply did his job, without malice or prejudice, and should be commended rather than condemned.

It's hard to beat ignorance as an active ingredient in producing malformed opinions.

For example, in conjunction with this incident, one ignorant individual wondered why the police didn't use a TASER against the gun-wielding subject?

The use-of-force continuum mandates a response sufficient to overcome a threat, not less than the threat. To the uninformed, it may seem entirely reasonable, (especially through 20/20 hindsight) to use, oh, I don't know, a fleet of toy balloon animals to disable an armed criminal.

In the video you can see the subject pointing what looks like a handgun right at the police officer. I don't know why anybody would choose to do police work in that crazy state.

If you don't want to die, don't point guns at cops

Here's an even better thought! Get your punk azz back in school, stay home at night doing your homework. Back off on the Ganja!
These little thugs are no loss and it has little to do with their paint job! Get educated, get a job, have a family and KEEP it together! Be a dad! Be a mom! WORK for a living! Join the service! DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR YOURSELF!
Rant over!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads