JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I've searched and read, but I'm not specifically finding an answer to this.

Has anyone used this particular ss tumbling media?

I don't like the fact that pins can still remain in my cases and or stuck in the primer flash holes after being thoroughly washed and separated with a media separator.

I could have swore I read here where someone had used this particular media before, but couldn't go back and find it.

Also, can a magnet be used with this to help separate the brass from the media like I can with my SS pins?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I've searched and read, but I'm not specifically finding an answer to this.

Has anyone used this particular ss tumbling media?

I don't like the fact that pins can still remain in my cases and or stuck in the primer flash holes after being thoroughly washed and separated with a media separator.

I could have swore I read here where someone had used this particular media before, but couldn't go back and find it.

Also, can a magnet be used with this to help separate the brass from the media like I can with my SS pins?

Thanks in advance!

My experience with media separators is they dont work, with pins or even with dry corn cob or nutmeg shell media.

I make separating the pins from the brass a part of the inspection process in a 5 gallon bucket.

My experience with media separators is they dont work, with pins or even with dry corn cob or nutmeg shell media.

I make separating the pins from the brass a part of the inspection process in a 5 gallon bucket.
The RCBS separator works fine for me but there can be a couple stragglers (pins) sometimes depending on the amount being tumbled.
RC_87076_RotaryCaseMediaSeparater_L.jpg

The RCBS separator works fine for me but there can be a couple stragglers (pins) sometimes depending on the amount being tumbled.
View attachment 697075
This is exactly what I use also. I can say tumbling deprimed cases, I've never seen a pin stuck in the flash hole in over +100k rounds tumbled. I'm sure any media will work though. I do not think a magnet will help as if they were magnetic they'd stick together in a big ball. YMMV

. I do not think a magnet will help as if they were magnetic they'd stick together in a big ball. YMMV

? A magnet will help if it is strong enough as I can pick up a pin with a small magnet. The pins themselves no their not magnetic but have chrome in them and from cold working the metal cutting, pressing etc. they can become attracted to a magnet.

This is exactly what I use also. I can say tumbling deprimed cases, I've never seen a pin stuck in the flash hole in over +100k rounds tumbled. I'm sure any media will work though. I do not think a magnet will help as if they were magnetic they'd stick together in a big ball. YMMV
I've had several get stuck in the primer pocket sideways. C they're a real pain in the bubblegum to get out too. Additionally, I don't want to think about sending a hardened pin down my barrel.

I do inspect for them after I use the media separator and dry them. I'd still rather decrease the chances of it happening altogether.

AMP annealing says bad things can happen too if you're annealing the brass and the pin gets into the annealing machine. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top