JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The original shooting was questionable. The treatment of the bystanders is criminal.

Really?
Everyone has got a camera now, and 95% of those filming a cops actions are looking to bubblegum them over later.
I'm totally against the idea of a police state but sometimes you have to put yourself in the average cops shoes before you can judge them.

Really?
Everyone has got a camera now, and 95% of those filming a cops actions are looking to bubblegum them over later.
I'm totally against the idea of a police state but sometimes you have to put yourself in the average cops shoes before you can judge them.

Does the intent of the video even matter? If you can throw out evidence because it had ill intent then police would have no evidence to convict criminals because the police are "filming then to bubblegum them over later" right? What about the fact that the police shot 4 innocent bystanders in this shooting? How many police officers have you slept with? Did all of them tell you that they love you?

An important thing to remember is, reguardless that this happened, there are still alot of good cops out there protecting us. However, the cops that abuse thier authority or loose self control in tense situations need to be canned or sent back to the acadamy. If they are pointing guns at someone filming them in a public place then they need to go to jail. We would if we did it!

The Intercept: Veterans Beware

Most cops I have dealt with have been decent folks and, I think, good americans. It is, however, safe to say that the percentage of thick-necked bullet heads is on the rise - and I don't think this is accidental. They are being trained that the american people are the enemy, and conditioned into an us-vs-them mentality. The fed giving them grants for military training and hardware and the courts giving them a free pass for even the most outrageous behavior cannot end well for any of us. Policing began as a service to the people of this country, but is rapidly headed in the direction of naked oppression. The criminals that have bankrupted this country,and are still stealing everything that isn't nailed down, realized ahead of time that the american people would awaken to their crimes eventually and begin to seek a little justice. They will not stop until they have your last crumb of bread, and you are reduced to complete slavery. A police state is their insurance policy. My only hope - even the best laid plans of mice and men...

An important thing to remember is, reguardless that this happened, there are still alot of good cops out there protecting us. However, the cops that abuse thier authority or loose self control in tense situations need to be canned or sent back to the acadamy. If they are pointing guns at someone filming them in a public place then they need to go to jail. We would if we did it!

The problem is twofold. First, I don't imagine that a lot of departments want to let a significant portion of their staff go off for "retraining" when they usually barely have enough as is. The second relates to the first. Department heads are politicians first, police second, so the politically motivated priorities are different from the priorities out in the cars. Because of that, the department heads make the decisions about who is in need of some remedial education about decorum, procedure, etc, and in the end change requires a lot of heads to change or a strong leader with good priorities.

In the end, regardless of how the press likes to spin it, here's the facts: When you interface with a LEO, HE is the ENTIRE jurisdiction's department as far as you're concerned. If he's an arrogant donkey, then the entire department is the same. If he's thoughtful, fair, and even tempered, then so is the entire department. So, since the individual cop is essentially the entire department from a character perspective, it behooves everyone in the department to make sure that all the cops on the beat are good representatives. That responsibility relies on peers, supervisors, and the management, and in that order, since it doesn't work very well coming from the top down.

The problem is that those "good cops out there" usually back the "thick-necked bulletheads", or simply keep their mouth shut when push comes to shove. Silence makes them accomplices.

Really?

So what are they afraid of if they aren't doing anything wrong? Does that sound familiar? Seems to be a valid argument when we are talking about citizens, but no, we can't apply that to the police. Public scrutiny is a part of the profession they chose. If they can't stand the heat I suggest they leave the kitchen. Holding innocent bystanders at gunpoint is not the action of a public servant. It's the action of a hired thug.

What about the fact that the police shot 4 innocent bystanders in this shooting?

I was shocked that each officer basically dumped their mags into that car. It sounded like Jiffy pop being cooked. I hadnt heard of bystanders being shot, but looking at the video I could see why. So much for accuracy training.

If the shoot was justified , then what difference does a video of it make ? Only reason I can see to make a huge deal out of someone filming is
if you knew that you killed someone without cause and wanted to destroy evidence. I almost always side with LEO , but this stinks from what video
I can see . If you are going to pull the trigger you had better be right ! It looked like those officers could use a refresher course on field of fire and
being aware of what or who is downrange .

I was shocked that each officer basically dumped their mags into that car. It sounded like Jiffy pop being cooked. I hadnt heard of bystanders being shot, but looking at the video I could see why. So much for accuracy training.

Miami Herald said:
Four bystanders were shot in the gunfire and three officers suffered minor injuries

Source:
<broken link removed>

Does the intent of the video even matter? If you can throw out evidence because it had ill intent then police would have no evidence to convict criminals because the police are "filming then to bubblegum them over later" right? What about the fact that the police shot 4 innocent bystanders in this shooting? How many police officers have you slept with? Did all of them tell you that they love you?

And when did you quit beating your wife? I bet being the spokesman for you local NAMBLA chapter is tough work too. We can do this bubblegum all night and day or we can rationally discuss this.

Do you remember the infamous Seattle cop versus two women video that made the rounds about a year ago? That cop was surrounded by friends of the women he was trying to arrest and all of the had their cell phones out recording the confrontation. The MSM hyped it up, and the usual cast of suspects were trotted out in front of the cameras to bash to Seattle PD and label them all racists thugs. The officer in question was later cleared by the same evidence that was intended by the witnesses to hang him.

The driver of the car had already struck a police officer earlier. What caused them to open up on him is impossible for any of us to determine from the cell phone cameras, and the witnesses are less than reliable too. People need to let the investigation take place, and not rush to judgements or decide to try via the media.

There is no evidence to back any of the claims made by the witnesses that the police destroyed the cell phones. All you saw were police acting aggressively in an active crime scene and it would be expected in any large city.

As far as 4 people being shot - the story does not make that clear, but I would let the process work. It would be my guess that the officers in question will be punished and the four people will probably get very rich because of it.

And when did you quit beating your wife? I bet being the spokesman for you local NAMBLA chapter is tough work too. We can do this bubblegum all night and day or we can rationally discuss this.

Do you remember the infamous Seattle cop versus two women video that made the rounds about a year ago? That cop was surrounded by friends of the women he was trying to arrest and all of the had their cell phones out recording the confrontation. The MSM hyped it up, and the usual cast of suspects were trotted out in front of the cameras to bash to Seattle PD and label them all racists thugs. The officer in question was later cleared by the same evidence that was intended by the witnesses to hang him.

The driver of the car had already struck a police officer earlier. What caused them to open up on him is impossible for any of us to determine from the cell phone cameras, and the witnesses are less than reliable too. People need to let the investigation take place, and not rush to judgements or decide to try via the media.

There is no evidence to back any of the claims made by the witnesses that the police destroyed the cell phones. All you saw were police acting aggressively in an active crime scene and it would be expected in any large city.

As far as 4 people being shot - the story does not make that clear, but I would let the process work. It would be my guess that the officers in question will be punished and the four people will probably get very rich because of it.

You are not very smart.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads