JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Remember that iconic photo of a WWII sailor celebrating the surrender of the Japanese? It was a symbol of the triumph of good over evil and the supremacy of the American spirit and our ability to make the world a better place.

Well, the sailor in that photo died this week at age 95.

George Mendonsa, sailor kissing woman in iconic V-J Day photo, dies

navy-sailor-ap-19049512485568.jpg

Yes, it's sad. Amazing that he lived so long and the fact that he died is not a sign that the end is near.

What is a sign that America is nearing it's end, is the news that someone defaced a statue of that iconic moment with #metoo vandalism...

Vandals spray-paint '#MeToo' on statue of WWII sailor kissing nurse

soldier-1550596099.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.jpg

One of the most celebrated and iconic moments of America's greatness and symbol of our will to see good triumph over evil and it is defaced by the symbol of the progressive anti 2A snowflakes that are hellbent on destroying America.

Ironic...

My education and the lore from my elders (1965-1979) about that era certainly left me with the impression that our country came together to defeat evil.

@ 16 million purportedly served in the military...thousands died, thousands wounded, countless missing, and this guy is photographed kissing the Dame...what are the odds....:D

Navy, always the lucky branch....:s0142:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top