JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Going to try my 'hybrid' Williams barrel mount peep sight on my 1899 WInchester.

It's a little further away from my eye than I would like but with the larger aperture gives me a pretty good sight picture with a gold bead front.

I should have tried it yesterday when it was sunny, clear and 40 but it will be soon!

IMG_2503.JPG

Going to try my 'hybrid' Williams barrel mount peep sight on my 1899 WInchester.

It's a little further away from my eye than I would like but with the larger aperture gives me a pretty good sight picture with a gold bead front.

I should have tried it yesterday when it was sunny, clear and 40 but it will be soon!

View attachment 813346
Cool. On a mostly unrelated note, what did u use to change the sights on your CZ75? (referencing another thread there). I need to swap out the rear and was wondering if it's worth getting one of those sight pusher outer tools for it or just use punch or? Thx!

I am thinking if that is the stock size hole in the peep you will have a hard time using it that far forward. Try unscrewing the aperture and just using it that way. Tuned in to see how it works for you.

Try unscrewing the aperture and just using it that way.
I tried this and it probably would work well (kind of similar to my PCC)
But the aperture gives me a sharper 'image' and I like the aperture 'flange' as it seems to improve the clarity due to a little 'shading' of the hole.

I have two of the smaller diameter apertures (.090) and may 'sacrifice' one of them and drill it out larger than the .125 of the other.

I can't go much as there ain't a whole lotta 'meat' on the threaded portion but if I can get a few thou extra it will help.

This is all because I really don't know if I want a 'tang' sight on the rifle.

I once 'mocked up' a tang sight out of cardboard and even screwed an aperture in and went out and shot it and it worked ok but I really don't like it sticking up on the tang.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads