Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another Sig.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mrblond, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I am looking for something a bit smaller them my MK25 so I have been looking at the MK11 as well as the p229 EE. Now, I have found a old, W German made p228 that I am looking hard at. any of you know what one of those should sell for? The seller says its about 98% and while it has wear, he things it hasn't been shot much, which may be BS or not. I do know the German made guns are getting more valuable but how valuable?

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

if it's in good condition, I'd buy it.

yes, those made in W.German Sig's are rare.

how much does he want?

3. mrblond

$675

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

well they go from anywhere from $400 to $1000.

but it's all depends on the condition of the gun (all original parts / matching serial #) and how bad you want it. ;)

5. mrblond

the only issues I could see from the pics were some redness at the front of the slide and there is a mark on the front of the trigger guard. I am worried that the redness could be rust after all the pistol is almost 20 years old

pix648456659_zps86f447f1.jpg

6. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

looks like rust pitting from here. Have him lower the price.

7. mrblond

i would but it sold about 20 minutes after i posted

8. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Bud's has a Sig 228 CPO for $599 if that helps. Once you figure in shipping and FFL fees I do not know if you would be over the $675 or not.
    May God bless us all,
    Mike

9. mrblond

I had a look at that one at Buds, looks like a good deal. The one I was looking at though was a German made one which are getting hard to find. I happened to find a M11 locally and got to hold it, feels like my Mk25 grip wise. I think the P29s with the e2 grips are a bit better of a fit but I can get e2 grips for the m-11 as well. The hard part is going to be finding one under $850 with shipping and transfer.

10. Screwy

Screwy Suburban Clackamas County Active Member

View attachment 68539 Absolutely love the P228. Love the stacked dot sights, the size, the carbon slide. Now the MK25 sits in the safe.

11. mrblond

I ended up going with the M11-a1. the price was way to good to pass up. I don't think I like it as much as my Mk25 buts one hell of a pistol. I figure its a good match with the Mk25 as well. I would have loved to get a old W German 228 but those are like hens teeth and those that have them know that. I do wish I picked up this one but you snooze you loose.