JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think that really falls into the category of the traditional "Mass Shooting". This guy was arrest on domestic violence and while in custody managed to wrestle away a gun and started shooting cops.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but to me.. this is just your regular every day crime. It's not the same as a gun armed with multiple guns walking into a crowd of people and wreaking havoc on the public.

Doesn't matter if its the same or not in our eyes. This is another shooting in a string of shootings that the media will sensationalize people will read the highlights of and attempt to bolster their argument that guns are bad.

Unfortunately it is used to fuel the anti-gun agenda just by being in the news. Makes me wonder what happened that a man in custody could do this in the first place if procedures were followed.

It should ring the ears of anti-gun zealots that the criminal system should be looked into & give these CRIMINALS harsh punishment for hard crime!!!
But since that is too much like common sense they will look at more gun control laws. Sad...

This is just some crazy that took his chances with the police. Imagine if guns were banned and he somehow got out into the public. If anything this is why we need citizens to be armed. Criminals will always find ways to get guns.

CNN news is now showing a rocket launch tube on TV that was purchased by a gun by back program in California. With out saying it is just a spent tube and leading the public to believe it is functional and loaded. The Lies and misleading news storys are really over the top these days

If anything this just goes to show you that you cannot rely on the police to protect you. They couldn't even protect themselves from getting shot in the police station with their own gun. Next they'll say we need to not arrest and process criminals because it gives them access to firearms.

Imagine how much safer it would be if criminals were locked up like they should be instead of treating them as victims. If more criminals were locked up more people may not see a need to own a gun thus fewer guns in private hands. That's the kind of gun control I could agree with.

If anything this just goes to show you that you cannot rely on the police to protect you. They couldn't even protect themselves from getting shot in the police station with their own gun. Next they'll say we need to not arrest and process criminals because it gives them access to firearms.
Disarm the police!!!!
They give criminals access to guns! :p

We only start threads for the ones that make the national press because they're sexy. Some anonymous druggy in detroit getting offed with a .25 doesn't garner attention unless its in a mall or he's family of someone famous.

CNN news is now showing a rocket launch tube on TV that was purchased by a gun by back program in California. With out saying it is just a spent tube and leading the public to believe it is functional and loaded. The Lies and misleading news storys are really over the top these days

Yep, that is why I call CNN the (Communist News Network)
&
MSNBC the (Mindless Subliminal Numbing Broadcast Chatter)

We average 87 gun deaths per day in this country. Why don't we start a thread for every single gun related death in America?

Sounds like a massive waste of bandwidth.

We only start threads for the ones that make the national press because they're sexy. Some anonymous druggy in detroit getting offed with a .25 doesn't garner attention unless its in a mall or he's family of someone famous.

Didn't realize it would offend people that this got posted, Ill make sure to compensate the owner of the site with booze since i wasted his bandwith. This case was plastered all over the news and being used as fodder against gun owners once again. They are pointing out that the NRA stance of putting armed guards in a schools is pointless if the police who are armed can't keep their guns on themselves. Every shooting from here till they pass legislation will matter because the anti-gun advocates will make it matter. So maybe its just me, but it should behove gun owners to arm themselves and not with weapons but knowledge of the world around them.

Im sorry but some of the threads that are popping up so far have been a bit futile and make gun owners look childish and uneducated. Signing all these ridiculous petitions will do nothing, especially ones as outrageous as attempting to accuse a government official for tyranny or treason for drafting a bill. How many people have written their government officials and written something concise and reasonable because that would be a start, I've already done so.

A start for some people:

Jeff Merkley: Jeff Merkley - Fighting for Oregon in the U.S. Senate: Contact

Ron Wyden: Contact | U.S. Senator Ron Wyden

Governor:

John Kitzhaber: Contact John Kitzhaber

Congress:

District 1:

Suzanne Bonamicci: https://bonamici.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

District 2:

Greg Walden: https://walden.house.gov/e-mail-greg

District 3:

Earl Blumenaur: The Online Office of Congressman Earl Blumenauer

District 4:

Peter Defazio: <broken link removed>

District 5:

Kurt Schrader: Contact | Congressman Kurt Schrader

If you don't know what district you are in; then just input your zip here Find Your Representative · House.gov and they will tell you who your congressperson is. If you haven't written these people, you really should because you can't rely on others to protect your rights.

I agree, in times like these it's important to make us gun owners aware of stories that are or likely will be sensationalized to restrict or eliminate our rights. We as gun owners need to get ahead of stories like these, learn the facts, and make sure we set the record straight when we hear people repeating incorrect information, both in person and online.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top